Kodi won't find new content
Question 
I just moved my entire library from a shared drive to a new, large, local drive. I exported my library, then I edited the .xml file and used "replace all" to change to the new file location. I re-imported, and success!! It kept all the media information (most importantly view count) I can play movie and TV shows from the new location, and all was great!
Except, now it won't scan for new files on the new drive... It says "scanning for new content" for a second but does not add new shows/movies. :-(
I am using the newest version of kodi.
Thanks!
You probably haven't set the scraper.... for type and scraper settings.
I'm not sure what happen, but I exported then re-imported the library, and now it does see new videos I add. But now I have a different problem .... I have double of all my tv shows, but not movies. Should I delete this thread and start a new one? I'm new here...Confused
Try running the clean library function. If that doesn't work, maybe try a clean install of Kodi, then import the Library.
Yup, clean library does nothing. I completely uninstalled kodi, and re-installed. Then imported my library again. Same thing. Each episode is listed twice. The movies library is perfect. Each duplicate points to the same file and is playable.
(2015-02-04, 04:07)tommysean Wrote: Yup, clean library does nothing. I completely uninstalled kodi, and re-installed. Then imported my library again. Same thing. Each episode is listed twice. The movies library is perfect. Each duplicate points to the same file and is playable.

That is odd. Man the only thing I can think of is to remove the source, and re-add/rescan content. Only down side is you loose all the watched status. Maybe someone with more brains can weigh in on this.
delete your .nfo's and refresh the tv show thats having the issue.
I really thought that was going to work! Thanks for the idea, but my kodi hates me apparently....
My goal is to keep the play count for all my TV show episodes.
(2015-02-04, 17:43)JxPx Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 04:07)tommysean Wrote: Yup, clean library does nothing. I completely uninstalled kodi, and re-installed. Then imported my library again. Same thing. Each episode is listed twice. The movies library is perfect. Each duplicate points to the same file and is playable.

That is odd. Man the only thing I can think of is to remove the source, and re-add/rescan content. Only down side is you loose all the watched status. Maybe someone with more brains can weigh in on this.

read the wiki for the advanced settings option to import watched status.
I think it must be that my videodb.xml file I import from has duplicates of each episode? Would there be somehow to fix that?Huh
(2015-02-05, 20:00)tommysean Wrote: I think it must be that my videodb.xml file I import from has duplicates of each episode? Would there be somehow to fix that?Huh
That is easy to check isn't it. Open the xml file and look!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-05, 20:24)nickr Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 20:00)tommysean Wrote: I think it must be that my videodb.xml file I import from has duplicates of each episode? Would there be somehow to fix that?Huh
That is easy to check isn't it. Open the xml file and look!

I have opened the .xml file, but in a text editor, but I'm not sure how to make heads or tails of it. Do you have a suggestion of what to look for?
Duplicate entries I guess.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-07, 00:52)nickr Wrote: Duplicate entries I guess.

It is a massive file. I've tried searching "TV shows" but that isn't helpful. Even if I did find the duplicates, I would be no easier to go through deleting each of them than it would be to just do that in kodi.
Pick a show that is duplicated in your database. Search using usual editing tools. Or use grep.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't find new content0