• 24(current)
New model Raspberry Pi - The Pi 2 Model B launched
(2015-02-22, 23:08)Rickt1962 Wrote: No Only have a couple of old Pi's Didn't want to purchase a New Pi if it cant handle HD smoothly using HDHomeRun

It works fine with the mpeg2 license on both the old pi and new pi. They have the same GPU.
Was issued a refund from the seller for the card.. Now to take that money elsewhere...

Thanks for the help.
Sorry if this has been answered before, but will RPi2 bitstream dtshd truehd audio?
Does it playback perfect 24p ?
(2015-02-23, 22:43)solamnic Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before, but will RPi2 bitstream dtshd truehd audio?
No
Quote:Does it playback perfect 24p ?
Yes
(2015-02-23, 22:43)solamnic Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before, but will RPi2 bitstream dtshd truehd audio?
No - bitstreams DTS and Dolby Digital. Outputs PCM 5.1 to 96kHz and 4.0 to 192kHz. Decodes Dolby True HD to PCM 5.1 48kHz and 96kHz but 192kHz will be down sampled. DTS HD has no open source decoder so can't be decoded in Kodi.

Quote:Does it playback perfect 24p ?
Yes.
Thank you for your answers Smile
(2015-02-17, 04:49)touser Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 20:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 20:38)poserdonut Wrote: I'm running openelec on my rp2, it gets real slow in the menus when it's been running for a while. Any ideas what could be the problem.

I suspect it'll be an add-on. The debug log may give information.

You can rename .kodi to .kodi_back and check if the slowness still occurs with no add-ons or custom settings.
If that avoids the problem, then set it up and install add-ons one at a time checking for problems after each one.

Just wanted to say i've experienced this with osmc alpha 4 as well, fresh install with no additional addons, just a fairly large video library. It happened after 1 day of uptime. I didn't grab any debug logs, i'll try if it happens again.

I removed some addons but it still happened, it took 2-3 days though.

When I enable debug logging it shows I'm only getting about 5-6 fps. When I reboot I get 60 fps.
same for me ... a few fps after 3 4 days on : -(
(2015-02-28, 19:00)jotenakis Wrote: same for me ... a few fps after 3 4 days on : -(
Yet another report with no logs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
How can I do that ?
One thing I do is set the pi to reboot every morning at 5:00am...

I know it prob doesn't need it, but you never know.

http://www.ediy.com.my/index.php/tutoria...ule-reboot

Code:
crontab -e #edit crontab file
00 05 * * * reboot
Does anyone tested it with heavy skin like aeon nox 5 ?
(2015-03-01, 18:39)Roby77 Wrote: Does anyone tested it with heavy skin like aeon nox 5 ?

Aeon Nox 5 is actually not that heavy (compared to Aeon Nox 4).
It runs very smooth.
Does anyone know how this compares to an ancient Asrock 330? My Asrock is starting to age, it still plays fine but the fan is making noise and the spdif port is broken. There is a time limited offer on groupon here that expires tonight, if anyone has had experience with both these two I'd be happy to know. I am aware I will need a different audio solution as Raspberry has no SPDIF but I found an HDMI to SPDIF splitter elsewhere.

Power consumption will be better, as long as it handles skins about as fast and video playback is fine (refresh rates and deinterlacing) then I'd be happy.
I just replaced my Asrock 330 (ion) with a PI2. I have not tried changing skins too much but my experience is that the PI2's performace is almost on par with the Asrock 330.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New model Raspberry Pi - The Pi 2 Model B launched1