• 5(current)
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights
@hardyt moved thread moved at your request. As I have a hue setup I will definitely check this out once I am settled in my new home.
Hi hardyt,

I'm actually trying wavforhue. You made a great jump in the development : I can now play a song... and the lights are reacting !!! Smile
I probably have to adjust some parameters to make the lights react the way I like, but things are already in good shape. Bravo !

That said, what are still a problem :

- Kodi system slow down a lot (for example, entering in menus items is really slow while music is playing with wavforhue)
- Multithread : On my system, the plugin mainly use the first core (it is most of the time around 100%). Not sure, but the second core may be used sometimes (for 1 or 2 seconds, the first core make à pause to around 0%, and the second raise to 100%), and I didn't detect the use of my 4 other cores. (AMD CPU).

Thank you for your work again.
@mathojojo Glad it's working ok for you! The slow-down is caused by the way Kodi handles visualizations. Every time you change menus the visualization is stopped/destroyed and restarted. To ensure lights go back to a sane state when the song stops, I found that I have to execute the final Hue commands in the main thread. This slows things down when navigating through Kodi. A possible solution is to have two addons - a visualization addon that sends commands to a service addon that talks to the Hue bridge. This would prevent the navigation delay, but adds a level of complexity I'm not sure I want to program yet... Maybe someday.

@bry- I hope it's a good relocation. Let me know if you have any comments when you try it out!
v1.0.0 is out for Android, Windows, Ubuntu, and OpenELEC! Now the setup is super easy.
Hey just installed the v1.0.0 addon to my android based Kodi (v16) but addon failed due to DLL. Am I missing something in the setup?

thanks
Please reply with a link to your debug log.
Pardon my newbieness - but how would I do that? I can get it from (/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/temp/kodi.log) but where should I paste it?

thanks
Okay, pasted it here:
http://pastebin.com/LDN9hT1d

thanks for your help!

EDIT: Also want to mention this is the new Hue Bridge (square one)
EDIT2: Reset the addon and was able to add addon and successfully configured it but now i get "An unknown error has occurred. Can't load Dll".

Unable to load /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue/libvisualization.wavforhue.so, reason: dlopen failed: couldn't map "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue/libvisualization.wavforhue.so" segment 2: Permission denied

Also changed the LAN cable from the original white one.

Running on Android TV (Sony Bravia) - 5.1.1 (non-rooted)
Look up how to post a debug log. That's a normal log with very little information.

Did you setup the bridge in the Setup tab of the addon settings?

And it looks like Android TV is a different OS from normal Android. So even if the addin is configured correctly it still might not work. Sorry. I don't know how to build the binary for Android TV yet.
Hi Tom, yeah it seems like Android TV is different than normal Android box. I will look into proper debug logs but from what I've seen online, seems like the permission denied is the OS not having execute access to wavforhue.so. The workarounds were to place the addon in /data folder but you need to be rooted for that.

More info here: http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?11719...ED-DEVICE)
If the Android TV's processor is an Intel Atom it won't work yet. That's an x86 based processor. The binary I posted is for arm.
Log_file/Advanced (wiki) is a lot of great info on debug logs. Please enable logging, go through the setup, and then attempt to play a song with the vis enabled.

I'll try to build an Android x86 binary this weekend. However I think you might still have a problem with Android TV not handling binary add-ons properly. There might be workarounds like you posted, but this is not a Kodi or WavforHue problem.
Hi Tom, I agree this is a platform issue and not visualization specific.

I will try the advanced logging and report back what I find. Android TV is on the ARM platform and your plugin did install correctly however seems like the *.so file doesn't have correct permissions to execute for the vis.

A user on this forum, http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?11719...#post97640, built a custom kodi APK with the DLL incorporated into it - not sure if we can try that with this visualization. At the moment there is no way to root the Sony Android TV and this is just a dead-end for me for now.

Thanks for your help!
The logging will still help me troubleshoot the bridge pairing problem you experienced. I also built an x86 Android binary if you'd like to try that.
(2016-03-04, 21:07)km4n Wrote: A user on this forum, http://iptvtalk.org/showthread.php?11719...#post97640, built a custom kodi APK with the DLL incorporated into it - not sure if we can try that with this visualization. At the moment there is no way to root the Sony Android TV and this is just a dead-end for me for now.

That looks like a relatively painless process and it would likely work. Once you send the log I can tell you which binary to use in the apk. I think once you "unzip" both the apk and the right binary addon .zip it will be clear where you put the visualization.wavforhue folder. Then just rezip and do that 1-touch signer process.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights0