• 6(current)
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights
Alright got it working.

I opened Kodi APK and copied over the plugin into the APK then used "One Click Apk Signer" to sign it. Reinstalled Kodi on the device. Once installed, for some reason the hue bridge configuration doesn't work - so I copied the settings.xml from the previous time I was able to pair the bridge with the plugin and copied that over to the addons folder manually.

Now it's working. Really cool so far - I will play around it with further later in the evening.
Thanks for the update! I'll add these notes to the main post.
Anybody else having major issues trying to get it to work on Jarvis? I tried version 1.0, lights connect, they flash, but when trying to select it as a visualization it doesn't work. I think the error I was getting was a create error (have to copy and paste it later, just reinstalled ubuntu and need to re-enable ssh). I don't even get the visualization on screen, just a black background. I tried one version earlier (0.0.3) and I can get visualization on screen but no matter how I try and do the pairing I can't seem to get the lights to respond. Would LOVE to get this working as my backup plan is Ambify running in an OSX VM :\ Thanks!

15.10 Ubuntu running Jarvis
Please post the debug log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy. You might be using the 32-bit Ubuntu version instead of the 64-bit or vice versa. That will certainly cause this problem.
Here ya go http://xbmclogs.com/phkxsefqs

I think the error you're looking for is:

21:50:38 T:139930094000256 DEBUG: Loading: /home/compuw22c/.kodi/addons/visualization.wavforhue/visualization.wavforhue.so.1.0.0
21:50:38 T:139930094000256 ERROR: ADDON: Dll WavforHue - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
21:50:38 T:139930094000256 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '6' of clientName:WavforHue, clientID:visualization.wavforhue (same Thread=no)
21:50:38 T:139930093254400 DEBUG: Thread AddonStatus visualization.wavforhue start, auto delete: true
21:50:38 T:139930093254400 DEBUG: Thread AddonStatus visualization.wavforhue 139930093254400 terminating (autodelete)

Thanks dude, if I can get this working this seems like an awesome little project you've done for us Smile

Should be running version ubuntu 64-bit plugin, on Ubuntu 64-bit, on kodi 64-bit.
Yep, you're running the right 64-bit addon. The problem occurs when the addon tries to set up Kodi logging. I tested the Ubuntu 64-bit addon with Krypton.

I'll set up another VM sometime this week and run Jarvis and see what's going on. You can also run Krypton and see if that gets it working for you.

If you're good with coding the problem is here: https://github.com/hardyt/visualization....in.cpp#L55. Jarvis doesn't seem to like my addon asking for Kodi resources, so the addon fails and returns ADDON_STATUS_PERMANENT_FAILURE. That's the "6" in your bolded line above.
Wow, and I thought Jarvis was on the bleeding edge. I may try Krypton, but I wasn't sure just how "Work in progress" it was and I feel like every time I mess with things in Linux (between the Hue integration with this and ambilight, which was disabled during my testing, plus being a multiseat setup...) I end up having to reconfigure just about everything. I'll give it a shot though later. Thanks for looking into this!
Ok, success with 17 (Krypton)! It's awesome. One more question because I'm an asshole and I want your already awesome add-on to be absolutely perfect: Has anyone found a way to introduce an audio delay while playing music? I know it's fairly easy with video playback, but I'd love to be able to delay the audio itself on playback to match the latency inherent in the hue system (which is no fault of this awesome dev). It would be a cherry on top of an already very delicious treat Smile

EDIT: I spoke slightly too soon. 17 (Krypton) breaks compatibility with Ambilight add-on, so it would be nice if 16 (Jarvis) worked. Still I'm just happy I got to see your work in action. Would also be cool if we could have the colors themselves react to the beat, but I realize getting it working reliably (and actual real-life personal stuff) is also likely a priority above that. Just leaving ideas. Thanks again for the awesome work!
Edit: nevermind. I just had to switch my Kodi branch and recompile the addon.

@ironic_monkey: Any idea why "if (!XBMC->RegisterMe(hdl))" returns false for my vis for < Krypton?
@compuw22c: try this.

(2016-03-30, 06:38)compuw22c Wrote: EDIT: I spoke slightly too soon. 17 (Krypton) breaks compatibility with Ambilight add-on, so it would be nice if 16 (Jarvis) worked. Still I'm just happy I got to see your work in action. Would also be cool if we could have the colors themselves react to the beat, but I realize getting it working reliably (and actual real-life personal stuff) is also likely a priority above that. Just leaving ideas. Thanks again for the awesome work!
(2016-04-01, 08:17)hardyt Wrote: @compuw22c: try this.

(2016-03-30, 06:38)compuw22c Wrote: EDIT: I spoke slightly too soon. 17 (Krypton) breaks compatibility with Ambilight add-on, so it would be nice if 16 (Jarvis) worked. Still I'm just happy I got to see your work in action. Would also be cool if we could have the colors themselves react to the beat, but I realize getting it working reliably (and actual real-life personal stuff) is also likely a priority above that. Just leaving ideas. Thanks again for the awesome work!

Works, although it still locks up in the GUI at times... But it does work on Jarvis. Thanks!
You're welcome! Glad it's working for you. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Yeah, it will lock up the GUI because of the way Kodi destroys and creates visualizations on window changes. The visualization needs time to put lights in a sane state. The millisecond delays with the Hue HTTP communication is what you're experiencing. The solution is to have the visualization feed information to a service addon that handles all the Hue HTTP calls. Unfortunately, the weather is only crappy in Colorado Springs for a few days in February, so major development work is over for the year.
Ah, I see you're already enjoying better than us here in Chicago. Here's hoping you have a project car or something equally nerdy to enjoy tinkering with in the nice weather Wink Thanks again!
(2016-04-04, 17:27)compuw22c Wrote: Ah, I see you're already enjoying better than us here in Chicago. Here's hoping you have a project car or something equally nerdy to enjoy tinkering with in the nice weather Wink Thanks again!

Haha, yes. No tinkering, just riding in the nice weather.
(2015-09-28, 00:29)SupaNorm Wrote: Hi there,

I receive and error when enabling the addon. I also have the Kodi Hue Ambilight plugin installed. Not sure if that'll created a conflict
The error I receive when playing a song causes Kodi to crash and says "ERROR: exception caught on main loop"
Any ideas? I know its vague, but there is nothing in the Kodi log file

Thanks

I had the same issue with v1.0 on Window 10 x64 with Kodi Jarvis - immediately crashes Kodi with Error exception caught in main loop - I found that if you turn off Wave form vis on? (under behavior in the addon settings) then it doesn't crash and the lights work.

Is there any way that you can somehow set the visualization to milkdrop and still have the addon active to change the light colors only?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WavforHue - a music visualization for Philips Hue lights0