Help with new Raspberry PI 2.
(2015-02-04, 12:31)mezo Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 11:48)sraue Wrote: the tvheadend addon we moved to our unofficial repo, which is installed but must be activated under addons/repositories. also it needs some time the repo is updated (or force with a repo update/force refresh via the context menu)

i cant even activate it, because the openlec repository is empty for me. i also force an update.

ah sure, i forgot... RPi2... we have to recompile all addons first... we will do this week
greetings, Stephan

@mezo: Try one of my RPi2 test builds... it's actually referencing the RPi addons server (forgot to set it back to RPi2), so should work until the RPi2 addon server is populated.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-04, 12:32)sraue Wrote: ah sure, i forgot... RPi2... we have to recompile all addons first... we will do this week

Ah thats what the problem is sraue, was wondering why the openelec repo was empty.
An Rpi 2 is on its way to me as I speak - and I'll certainly be wanting to try the tv add on with it - so please post your progress! Hardware wise I have an Avermedia Volar usb stick to try out when the time comes...
(2015-02-03, 18:48)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-03, 18:47)invisable Wrote: I've just loaded my pi2 up with new openelec img. Just wondering what your default overclock is mines showing 600MHz ?

It's dynamic - it will jump to 900MHz when busy.

Can using these Raspberry Pi 2 overclock settings break my Pi?
Yes you will soon start smelling a ripe rotten fruity fragrance as soon as you use those settings.
The RPi will log this as a voided warranty condition by setting its ripe_rotten bit and then your stuffed if anything goes wrong.

Now if you put some quality pastry on top for cooling purposes, well.......

Wink

(2015-02-07, 19:11)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: Can using these Raspberry Pi 2 overclock settings break my Pi?

We've never heard of a case where overclocking causes any permanent damage.
Too high an overclock may crash (and that can corrupt the sdcard if you are unlucky), but lower the overclock and things will be fine.
Strange behaviors Got a new Pi2 standard but my fanart sometimes turning black, background black when I scroll through the menu's
Increase gpu_mem to 256, although I've found 320 is required to eliminate most if not all resource issues.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-08, 23:45)Milhouse Wrote: Increase gpu_mem to 256, although I've found 320 is required to eliminate most if not all resource issues.

So only this in config.txt is enough because everything else I want to keep it standard:

gpu_mem=320
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

# decode_MPG2=0x00000000
# decode_WVC1=0x00000000
# decode_DTS=0x00000000
# decode_DDP=0x00000000
Sure (and it's gpu_mem not gpu_men).
Ok......this is still strange. What could it be that suddenly on my Pi2 all my fanart and thumbnails disapear and not loading back?

Got Resolution on: 1920 x 1080P
Got GUI limit set to: 720
debug log (wiki)
Any reports on performance yet with various skins? Also interested if it can do 3D and HD audio (TrueHD and DTS HD Master).
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2015-02-09, 17:58)patseguin Wrote: Any reports on performance yet with various skins? Also interested if it can do 3D and HD audio (TrueHD and DTS HD Master).
Has been reported quite widely that the Pi 2 will not bitstream DTS HD-MA/HRA or Dolby True HD. It will output PCM 5.1 at 48/96kHz but only 4.0 at 192kHz (you need the bandwidth equivalent to 192kHz at 5.1 for HD Audio bitstreaming). It has the same VideoCore IV GPU/VPU as the Pi 1 (and the same HDMI audio sub-system)

The Pi 2 has enough CPU grunt to decode a Dolby True HD track to multichannel PCM (and this will be output losslessly if 48kHz and 96kHz 5.1 - and down sampled if 192kHz. Not sure what happens with 7.1 tracks), as there is an Open Source True HD decoder. DTS HD-MA/HRA will not be decoded to PCM (as there is no Open Source decoder), but the core DTS track will be either bitstreamed or decoded to PCM 5.1. If you can pre-decode the DTS HD-MA/HRA content to FLAC or similar (there are Windows solutions that will do this) then the Pi will play it back (again with the bandwidth/channel number limitations listed).

SBS and TAB 1080p and 720p half-resolution 3D stuff will playback fine - but Full HD 3D encoded as MVC won't. (And I don't believe the Pi or Pi2 will play and output double resolution TAB/SBS stuff either)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with new Raspberry PI 2.0