Cannot write on USB drive
I am connecting to Kodi from my Mac OS 10.10.1 via SMB. The HD connected to the USB Port mounts just fine and I can read from it. As soon as I try to write a file to the USB drive, a pop up appears, asking me for my password (the one for my Mac, not for Kodi/SMB user). After entering the password, I get a popup telling me i don't have the necessary access privileges to read this disk (yes "read", not "write")

This is the global entry in the samba.conf file:

Quote:[global]
server string = OpenELEC
workgroup = WORKGROUP
netbios name = %h
security = share
guest account = root
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
smb ports = 445
max protocol = SMB2
min receivefile size = 16384
deadtime = 30
os level = 20
mangled names = no
syslog only = yes
syslog = 2
name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast host
preferred master = auto
domain master = auto
local master = yes
printcap name = /dev/null
load printers = no
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
printable = no
encrypt passwords = true
enable core files = no
passdb backend = smbpasswd
smb encrypt = disabled
use sendfile = yes

And this is the entry for the attached USB drive:

Quote:[Media]
path = /media
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes

What am I doing wrong ? Please help.
Erm ,what is attached to what in which sequence as its not clear what your trying to do.

ie What device is Kodi running on ?
What is running on the ATV1, Openelec or Crystalbuntu ?
Where is this USB drive attached to ?

(2015-02-04, 07:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Erm ,what is attached to what in which sequence as its not clear what your trying to do.

ie What device is Kodi running on ?
What is running on the ATV1, Openelec or Crystalbuntu ?
Where is this USB drive attached to ?

Openelec running on ATV1.
The USB Drive is attached to the USB Port of the ATV1.
The problem is when I try to write a file to the USB Drive mounted through SMB to my Mac running OS X 10.10. read access is no problem. It seems to me some problem do with permissions.
OS X's SMB server has been kind of messed up for a while. wrxtasy has a guide: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214091
@macflo1508, what sort of Format is this connected drive running ?

I know running Openelec on a RPi, the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format would allow reading but not writing to usb drives.

You either need to reformat in a Fat format or install FUSE for OSX and the fuse-ext2 module:

http://osxfuse.github.io/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse-ext2/

Once this is done, drives formatted with OSX Disk Utility will show a format option of fuse-ext2.
Drives formatted with this option will then be write compatible for use with Linux distros such as OpenElec, Crystalbuntu etc...

...Just tested this out and my usb drive Automounts under Crystalbuntu. I can connect via SMB in OSX to the ATV1 and the usb drive pops up as "Devices" which corresponds to the Root filesystem/media folder on the ATV1 / Kodi. I can transfer files to it successfully.

BTW, under Crystalbuntu we now have Kodi 14.1 Helix and also Kodi 15.0Alpha 2 aka Isengard running well.

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot write on USB drive0