Can't go full screen on second monitor
Hey guys,

wondering if someone can help me with this.

System:
Kodi 14.1
Win 8.1 Pro x64
CPU Intel Core i7-4700 @ 2.4GHz
RAM 16GB

Log URL - Fullscreen log

I recently updated to Win 8.1. I installed Kodi and everything seemed fine until I tried to get it to go full screen on my second moniotr.
This second monitor is a BenQ VB3233 with a 1360x768 native resolution. My Laptop monitor is full HD 1920x1080i and it does not have any issues when I go full screen on it.
I set this by going into the Settings > System > Video Output > Display Mode and change the setting from Windowed to FullScreen #2
The issue presents as the Kodi GUI being partially split accross the join between the 2 monitors with about 1/4 on my laptop monitor and the other 3/4 on the second display.
I also know of the back-slash shortcut for full screen. On my old Win 7 i could simply move the then XBMC to the second display and hit back-slash andd it would go full screen. Now when i try this it goes full screen on my laptop monitor every time, even if I close Kodi, disconnect the monitior, restart the PC, connect the monitor again, open Kodi, move it to the second display and then hit back-slash.
I have also tried setting the second display to 1920x1080 as you can see in the pic... no luck I'm afraid.

You can see an image of the issue here... Image

Anyy ideasHuh
Here I tried it with a 1366x768 resolution.

Ok... so I have solved this for anyone who is interested. It is a very simple fix once you know about it.

It is based on Win 8.1's approach to multiple desktops and the ability to set different scales for text and windows per desktop.
The fix goes something like this:

- Go to any of your desktops
- Right click and go to Screen Resolution
- Near the bottom click "Make text and other items larger"
- You will either see a slider or 3 options available for scaling
- Beneath this check the option "Let me select one scaling level for all my displays"
- Sing out and sign back in again.

Of course you could also wish to actually have different scaling per display. I have not tested this as it is something I really don't need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't go full screen on second monitor0