Android OUYA, kodi 14, passthrough audio
Bug 
I have been using my OUYA to stream my movies from my media server since the OUYA came out. I currently use 13.2 and use passthrough audio with DTS and DD enabled, because my receiver can play them just fine. After upgrading to 14 and 14.1, audio passthrough no longer works. My receiver will not play anything with DD or DTS when using Kodi 14.x. All I get is static. My TV will play the DD just fine with passthrough enabled. Not sure what the issue is, but it has to be within Kodi 14 and 14.1. I have an Onkyo TX-SR706. I am using the latest firmware from OUYA and nothing is rooted or modified. I can provide any logs if needed.
Ouya passthrough needs a hack not (yet) in Kodi. Use SPMC (wiki)
(2015-02-09, 01:26)Koying Wrote: Ouya passthrough needs a hack not (yet) in Kodi. Use SPMC (wiki)

That is good to know. Is there plans on putting this "hack" into Kodi?
I just installed 14.1, and it kinda works. Sometimes I get static, but sometimes works fine, haven't been able to reproduce the issue, though.

When things work, testing with regular rips, and DTS HD-MA and AC3 audio test files I get 5.1 audio, and DTS and DD lights light up on my AVR (Onkyo SR-705). Strangely, the Master Audio light doesn't light up even with the MA stream, so there's something wrong with the way Kodi passes audio through.
Update here. I noticed that when I start my Ouya and Kodi and try to watch a video using passthrough, I get static. But when I go to XBMC (older version) and start the video it works always with passthrough.

Now the strange part: if I have watched a video using passthrough in XBMC, and then start Kodi, passthrough works in Kodi, as well! I'm no expert, but it sounds like XBMC initiates passthrough somehow, and Kodi works after that.

If I restart Ouya, I have to do the initialization in XBMC again if I want to use Kodi. Too much of a hassle, and I'll stick with XBMC until Kodi is fixed.
Is this fixed in Kodi 14.2, or plans to fix it in 15?
As the man said, use SPMC instead. I believed the hack is specific for OUYA and won't include in Kodi mainline anytime soon.
Moved to RPi2+OpenELEC nightly, which supports DTS HD-MA audio. And is much faster and stable than Ouya+Kodi combo.
The Pi 2 can decode DTS HD MA, but it cannot use passthrough for DTS HD MA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA, kodi 14, passthrough audio0