kodi 14.1 wont open
i have an s806 android box running on kodi 14.0 and the memory on the boxes keeps filling all the way up in a short period of time so you cant do anything.i never had this issue on just xbmc gotham.ever..... my second issue and the one to fix this whole matter is kodi 14.1 arm will install but wont open? i would really like to know whats wrong that i cant open 14.1 please help
Hi there, I have the instabox s806 model its a s812 chipset if im not mistaken, I do not have the memory issue you are getting but I have the same wont run issue on 14.1, I know its no help but I wanted you to know your not alone dude.
Same here, Rikomagic MK12 (Amlogic S812).
..and here (s812). I'm convinced it has something to do with root rights...
the same for me (s812) any version of Kodi >14.0 and also SPMC >=13.4 keep crashing at the startup screen!!|
and here m8 android kitkat tv
complain to your hardware manufacturer so get proper firmware fast
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There are a lot of reasons why Kodi might refuse to open on Android. I suspect that most people in this thread are not having the exact same issue. Anyone who would like help with their issue are encouraged to actually describe it in another thread: http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...art_way.3F
(2015-02-15, 12:24)Martijn Wrote: complain to your hardware manufacturer so get proper firmware fast

Why blame the firmware?

Running 14.0 and earlier version works fine. Kodi get's the superuser access prompt and grant and everything works perfectly.

Running 14.1 and up, including Android Nightly, it won't start.
First start screen appears, then, at the point the superuser access prompt should appear, Kodi close. Same thing if you try to run again, except direct to close.

My box firmware did not change, only the Kodi version. Rikomagic MK12 (Amlogic S812).

Seems to happen only to Amlogic S812, with different manufacturer.
because we fixed something the proper way and now those boxes with bad firmware are broken.

Please go complain to the manufacturer to do their part the correct way.
Start reading here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1920764
and you will see that it's not our fault.

We will no longer work around their problems.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-15, 21:26)ecko404 Wrote: Why blame the firmware?

It seems the most likely explanation, but as I said before, it could be other things.

This would reset the installation, but one thing people can try is to completely uninstall Kodi and then reinstall it. If there are any corrupted files preventing the program from opening up, they will be cleared out. If it's not firmware related, that is.
It was indeed the firmware, my rkm mk12 now works great again with the latest Kodi.
(2015-04-02, 12:59)tyxx Wrote: It was indeed the firmware, my rkm mk12 now works great again with the latest Kodi.

Same here, happy that I did not get rid of my MK12 lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 14.1 wont open0