Backing up library - Only watched status
I just got a new PI2! Smile I have had a PI B for about 2 years now and can say the PI2 is really fast!

Due to some complications on my part Wink I think I may have downloaded a bad addon or something as the PI is now completely unstable. The Library doesn't update any further and I would like to make a backup of my library that I can import after doing a fresh install. If I use "Export Library" in the Video settings on KODI, is there anything more I have to do? What about after the fresh install, is it just as simple as Import Library? Where does it save the library backup or am I missing something? I have quite a huge library and don't want to lose all my watched/unwatched statuses. Could care less really about the art/info, as it could just download that again.

Also if there is an easier way of reinstalling openelec/KODI than just doing a fresh install with a new image from Openelec, I'm all ears.
Milhouse's texturecache tool has an option to save and restore watched settings.
Well I was looking for something easier Wink since I am not that technical and have a Win 8.1 laptop and didn't want to fool around with nothing I know nothing about. Thanks for the tip though.

Is there really no other way to backing up the watched status? Or is there a better way to re-install the PI2 without losing my library details, etc?
(2015-02-09, 16:36)jpc0480 Wrote: Is there really no other way to backing up the watched status?

What other way would you prefer?

It's all spelled out clearly here http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

Quote:Or is there a better way to re-install the PI2 without losing my library details, etc?

A re-install by definition (without backing up prior) will remove all settings, library details, etc... There is no partial re-install...

If there was an easier way, it would be in the wiki...
I'm going to bang on about this some more as it needs to be said again.

I strongly recommend, particularly with a RPi and the slow write speeds to its microSDHC card that the following media library management structure is employed. This is very important when media library grows rapidly and massively.

- Store all video files and TV Shows externally to the RPi in their own folders with the correct names and year as the folder title.
- Scrape Metadata for this media with an external scraper such as the excellent and fast MediaElch
- Ensure you are able to write to your mass storage device from Kodi.
- Export your Library on a regular basis to update watched status, resume points etc.
- Watched status can even be Automated if using SQLite using:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:WatchedList

This method makes your external media library very portable, plus it imports back into a RPi in a speedy manner !
It also makes library navigation, especially over NFS - fast even on a RPi B/B+

Smile

(2015-02-09, 17:36)ActionA Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 16:36)jpc0480 Wrote: Is there really no other way to backing up the watched status?

What other way would you prefer?

It's all spelled out clearly here http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

Quote:Or is there a better way to re-install the PI2 without losing my library details, etc?

A re-install by definition (without backing up prior) will remove all settings, library details, etc... There is no partial re-install...

If there was an easier way, it would be in the wiki...

I selected single file and exported this to my ext hdd. After the export did a fresh install of OE and imported the library back up. Now how do I edit the sources or change content? If I add the source "movies" under "files" I get duplicate entries.
There's also several options listed on Backup (wiki), which are specific to watched status.
(2015-02-10, 02:56)Ned Scott Wrote: There's also several options listed on Backup (wiki), which are specific to watched status.
This was really useful! Thanks!! I didn't care so much about the rescan of files, etc. just the watched status.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backing up library - Only watched status0