Update from 13.2 to 14.1?! And Upnp subquestion...
Hi,
For now I am running a perfect system. Mac mini late 2012 with xbmc 13.2 on osx Mavericks! Everything is setup correctly, and i wouldn't see a reason to upgrade to 14.1! That's where i would love to hear your opinion... Is it worth upgrading or should i stay in my actual configuration.

Also i re-jailbreaked my atv2 because i need xbmc/kodi in our bedroom... Is there a way to install 13.2 on it or can i just install 14.1? In wiki i just found a way to install 14.1. And i read that atv2 has difficulties in handling 14.1?! Is that right?!?

I wanted to share library with these 3 devices (mini, atv and ipad) with upnp... I have my library on the mac mini whitch is always on.

For this configuration, should the 3 devices be on the same version of xbmc/kodi?

And finally what setting should i use in upnp? I really don't understand the 4 possible setting choices?!
- Share video and music libraries through UPnP
- announce library updates via upnp
- Look for remote UPnP players
- allow control of xbmc via upnp

I would love to chose settings so that every device will have a actual library with watched status and maybe a correct resume point. (I read that for the ipad version, i need to shut down the app in order to use a new resume point.)!
So what settings should i turn on on each device??

Thanks in advance for helping me with these few questions
So i managed to get some help but still have 1-2 questions:
1) is this still a know bug that the resume points and watched statuses are not updated right away on the clients? I always need to shutt down xbmc client and open up again for it to take effect.?
2) where are the subtitles stored on the client (atv2)... I setup like download "next to the video file" but the client doesn't download to my lobrary and when i start the episode again it doesn't find the subtitles back. I have to download it again...?
Thanks for the heads up
1. Yes, the bug currently requires the "client" Kodi/XBMC box to reload to see the watched/resume marks. I think there might be a way to just reload the skin or reload the current profile and have the same effect, and it would be much faster. I haven't looked into it, though.

2. Subtitles stored externally in a file next to the video don't currently work via UPnP for v14 or below, but will work in future versions of Kodi.
Ok thank you! So when i download a subtitle on the client it is stored only temporarely and then deleted again?? Because when i stop and resume the tvshow, subtitles need to be redownloaded!
I guess so?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update from 13.2 to 14.1?! And Upnp subquestion...0