Ability to select internal or external video player from within Kodi
I would like to see the ability to select between the internal player and a configured external player when starting a video. When I am using Kodi I like to use MPC with MadVR and Reclock to play my 720p movies on the projector, the rest of the time I am happy with the internal player. The option to play the video with either the internal player or external player would be helpful to me.

My preference would be to have an option in the context menu "Play with external player" which when selected will load the video using your pre-configured external player. Starting the video by regular methods will default to the internal player.

Anyone interested in this?
This already exists. In the context menu you will see "Play with". There all your players that are defined will be listed, including "DVDPlayer", which is Kodi's name for the internal player (not just DVDs).
(2017-03-14, 11:26)tylerofficial Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 02:57)Ned Scott Wrote: This already exists. In the context menu you will see "Play with". There all your players that are defined will be listed, including "DVDPlayer", which is Kodi's name for the internal player (not just DVDs).

no it doesnt

Yes it does. Create a playercorefactory.xml, place it in your userdata folder, done. Plenty of examples doing a search including the link in my sig.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to select internal or external video player from within Kodi0