Cannot remove TV Shows from Home menu
unchecking the radio for Settings > Appearance >Skin > Settings > Home Menu > TV Shows in Home menu does not remove TV Shows from the home menu. It does change the file usersettings\guisettings.xml from

<setting type="bool" name="skin.apptv.home-tvshow">True</setting>

to

<setting type="bool" name="skin.apptv.home-tvshow">false</setting>

But the problem is the file \addons\skin.apptv\720p\Includes_IconHome.xml line 316 is

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home-tv)</visible>

and should be

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home-tvshows)</visible>

since the variable home-tv is used on line 350 for Live TV. Weather has a similar bug and I am sure it is a similar fix.
(2015-02-16, 06:39)jonnesovic Wrote: unchecking the radio for Settings > Appearance >Skin > Settings > Home Menu > TV Shows in Home menu does not remove TV Shows from the home menu. It does change the file usersettings\guisettings.xml from

<setting type="bool" name="skin.apptv.home-tvshow">True</setting>

to

<setting type="bool" name="skin.apptv.home-tvshow">false</setting>

But the problem is the file \addons\skin.apptv\720p\Includes_IconHome.xml line 316 is

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home-tv)</visible>

and should be

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(home-tvshows)</visible>

since the variable home-tv is used on line 350 for Live TV.

jonnesovic,

Thank you, great spotting on that bug. Got bitten by a global rename on the broadcast TV setting. I have just made a push to my online github repo for the skin. As a side note, problem affected all three Home menu types and might also explain why some people were having problems turning on Broadcast TV. Pretty sure all problems now resolved.
Quote:Weather has a similar bug and I am sure it is a similar fix.
I just took a look at the weather code and it looks fine. Maybe your issue with this is that you have asked to display "current weather on home screen". On Icon and Horizontal Home menu's this setting will also show the weather menu (or weather icon in case of Icon home screen) as forecast is displayed on the shelf. On Vertical home menu the current weather icon is independent of other screen icons.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
After I made this change icon, vert, and horizontal were all fixed. I went back and looked at the Weather not showing up. Mine was not working because I was messing with the Includes_IconHome.xml too much. I loaded the stock file and weather worked perfectly. Thank you Wyrm!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot remove TV Shows from Home menu0