Win {Q] How to install from download RAR file
Hello guys
I know how to install an addon/skin from a zip file, and I have tried un-rar-ing the skin.aeon.shednox.helix_02132015 and copying the folder to

C:\Users\MARK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

and copying the contents of addons.rar and userdata.rar to the addons and userdata folders in C:\Users\MARK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

but the skin does not show.
I went to the WIKI to find FAQ but nothing there, and the manual did not help either.

I am guessing there is something pretty basic I am missing, so I'd appreciate a quick step by step on installing this skin.

Thanks,
Mark.
Why have you created your own thread for this when there is a thread for the skin and in there is the instructions to install!
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-02-17, 15:06)Mike_Doc Wrote: Why have you created your own thread for this when there is a thread for the skin and in there is the instructions to install!

Because I have spent nearly 45 minutes trying to find this out... none of the information I have found says anything. Which thread are you talking about?

This one http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209412 does not tell you how to install the skin.
you must restart kodi for the skin to show up in systems/appearance
Take it from the github instead of mediafire, I've never used the mediafire link, click the link, then 'download as zip'. Once downloaded just repeat what you have done. Perhaps delete the existing skin folder first.

After restarting kodi, if the skin is not there then for whatever reason you addon.xml in the skin folder must be corrupt! That is generally the only thing that would stop the skin showing i.e. the skin name in the xml is the same as another skin and a such it doesn't appear in the list of skins to choose from.

@neurosis13, I really hope that isn't the issue!!!!
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Thanks for the input guys, I will give that a whirl this afternoon...

I'll use github. I had restarted Kodi as I had closed before copying the stuff over to the user folders...
Cheers, I'll report back.
Mark.

(2015-02-17, 15:38)neurosis13 Wrote: you must restart kodi for the skin to show up in systems/appearance

(2015-02-17, 15:39)Mike_Doc Wrote: Take it from the github instead of mediafire, I've never used the mediafire link, click the link, then 'download as zip'. Once downloaded just repeat what you have done. Perhaps delete the existing skin folder first.

After restarting kodi, if the skin is not there then for whatever reason you addon.xml in the skin folder must be corrupt! That is generally the only thing that would stop the skin showing i.e. the skin name in the xml is the same as another skin and a such it doesn't appear in the list of skins to choose from.

@neurosis13, I really hope that isn't the issue!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
{Q] How to install from download RAR file0