Slow Kodi 14.1 on ATV2 - Wired
I just bought a ATV2 with Kodi installed, seems like alot of buffering is taking place and I have fast internet and a high-end router? Does the amount of plugins installed effect the speed of Kodi? If so, should uninstalling them one-by-one or somehow putting Kodi in Factory State help it? Or is there another way to speed up my Kodi on my ATV2?
The speed on your end won't matter if the speed on the server that holds the video file is slow.
How come when I run Kodi 14.1 on my Laptop it runs so much faster? But on my laptop I only have like 3 or 4 of the plugins I need, my ATV2 has like over 30 installed
Maybe you are using wifi? I don't know. As you should know by now, we can't help you with certain add-ons per our forum rules (wiki). However, I will tell you that anything on your ATV2 can be installed on anything running XBMC/Kodi. There's no magic to it that prevents it from being installed. Just use google.
I have connected my ATV2 to a Gigabit Router connected to my Linksys WRT1900AC and I am getting my full speed of 25 down, 10 up, my ATV2 is wired and my laptop is wifi, but still my laptop is faster

does the amount of plugins effect the ATV2? Maybe I dont have alot of free space? Would that effect it? Also is there a awy to put my Kodi to Factory Settings without removing my ATV2 JB?
ssh into the box and do
Code:
mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi.backup

to restore

Code:
rm -r /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi
mv /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi.backup /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi

Due to the character of those preloaded boxes i don't give a garanty that this works.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What do those commands do? Put Kodi back to factory settings?
first puts kodi back to factory settings - second restores it to the settings you had before ...

there was a typo in the second pair of commands - fixed it ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Is there any way to free up space on the ATV2? Without putting Kodi back to factory?
That won't influence your speed problems - your theory that there are way to much addons installed and running sounds more like an issue. Beside that please read up on the iOS FAQ (wiki) on how to free up space (be removing rented movies from itunes if you have done that...)
Ok thank you I will try going through the FAQ

But does 5-30 seconds for starting up a video seem avg? And once you go into the plugin, takes about 5-10 seconds to browse through the sources or links? Is that normal?
No, that's not normal. Normally it takes 10 days and then your house burns down.

We can tell you general information, but we won't help you with stuff specific to various banned add-ons (wiki).
(2015-02-18, 15:33)regios287 Wrote: How come when I run Kodi 14.1 on my Laptop it runs so much faster? But on my laptop I only have like 3 or 4 of the plugins I need, my ATV2 has like over 30 installed

Kodi 14.1 runs much faster on your laptop because your laptop is probably MUCH more powerful than your Apple TV.

It is all about the processing power and the Apple TV is simply a loser with 256 MB of RAM memory.

It's definitely about the memory and not the operating system as I can actually play addons like KHAN ACADEMY on my Macbook Pro, while it will immediately crash my Apple TV 100% of the time when booted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Kodi 14.1 on ATV2 - Wired0