EventServer AppleRemote Vol+/- buttons won't work
Question 
Hi, I'm the developer of the XBMC2 plugin for EventGhost.

Last year I added AppleRemote buttons to the plugin to make it easier to map the Apple remote(s) in EventGhost.
All the buttons seemed to work correctly in Kodis filelist mode but the Vol+/- don't work when watching fullscreen video.

Edit: I see this problem in both Kodi 14.0 and XBMC 13.2.

Here is an example code it uses xbmcclient.py to connect to Kodi:
Code:
import sys

from xbmcclient import *
from socket import *

def main():
    import time
    import sys

host = "localhost"
    port = 9777
    addr = (host, port)
    sock = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM)

packet = PacketBUTTON(map_name="JS0:AppleRemote", code=2, repeat=0)
    packet.send(sock, addr)

time.sleep(2)

packet = PacketBUTTON(map_name="JS0:AppleRemote", code=1, repeat=0)
    packet.send(sock, addr)

time.sleep(2)

packet = PacketBUTTON(map_name="JS0:AppleRemote", code=4, repeat=0)
    packet.send(sock, addr)

time.sleep(2)

packet = PacketBUTTON(map_name="JS0:AppleRemote", code=3, repeat=0)
    packet.send(sock, addr)

if __name__=="__main__":
    main()
It will send "Down" wait 2 sec, then "Up" wait 2 sec, then "Right" wait 2 sec, then "Left", if your not in fullscreen video mode, this works correctly.
If you run it when Kodi is in fullscreen video mode, based on "joystick.AppleRemote.xml" there should be a "Vol-", then wait 2 sec "Vol+", then wait 2 sec "StepForward", then wait 2 sec "StepBack", the "StepBack"/"StepForward" works but there is no indication of volume change.
Anybody know whats going on? Using "map_name" "R1" that uses the "Remote.xml" and direct actions changing the volume works great.

Next problem that made debugging this issue hard is I'm not getting anything about these commands in the Kodi debug log, do I have to activate something else then the normal debug log to log EventServer activity?

OK the last problem this time. I can't use any other "map_name" to send other types of buttons after I sent one of the map_name="JS0:AppleRemote" commands, then I do get something in the log about not being able to map a button number to the AppleRemote even though I'm trying to send the normal "Remote" type button. I need to do a new connection then it works again. I can send keyboard and remote buttons but right after I send a AppleRemote button no other buttons work. I'm assuming I should be able to send different types of event in the same session?

I'm not attaching a log here because there is nothing in the log, but I can make a log if it's absolutely needed.

jonib
XBMC2, EventGhost plugin. Image
So did I post in the wrong place again? Where should I post this to get a response?

jonib
I'm not a dev, but I was under the impression that the Apple remote didn't send any specific command for volume on fullscreenvideo. Unlike select or menu, there's no press-and-hold value for that. On iOS and OS X, volume has always just been mapped to the normal up/down commands.

But I might be misunderstanding the issue here?
(2015-03-01, 23:16)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not a dev, but I was under the impression that the Apple remote didn't send any specific command for volume on fullscreenvideo. Unlike select or menu, there's no press-and-hold value for that. On iOS and OS X, volume has always just been mapped to the normal up/down commands.
Yes, it uses Up/Down for volume as defined in the AppleRemote keymap when in fullscreen mode. But for some reason it doesn't work, or at least I can't get it to work.

And thanks for replying so I know that my post is actually visible. Laugh

jonib

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EventServer AppleRemote Vol+/- buttons won't work0