Shutting down just closes Kodi, when another user is logged in on the system
Hi all,
i´ve got a little problem and I think I know what the reason for, but I dont have any idea how to solve this.

If I press "Shut down" in the Power-Off Menu,Kodi closes and stays in Windows (Desktop). I think its because another user is still logged in (me, with an administrator account that I use often with remotedesktop) and its ok. Its the same when I try to shutdown windows from the start menu. There is a warning that someone is still logged in and asks me, whether im sure or not. If the admin is not logged in, the shutdown from Kodi works perfectly.

I understand the warning, because shutting down a system from a user account, while an admin is working on the system can harm the machine. The thing is i´m this admin and I know its ok to shutdown the machine and logoff all current sessions. Im pretty sure this is the reason, why Kodi cant shutdown the system and may only close Kodi itself.

Is there a solution for this behavior, so I can shutdown my system from a user-account in Kodi directly and logoff all current sessions ongoing?

Hope some can help me.

Cubi2k

btw, It´s a Windows 7 Ultimate OS.
If it were me, I'd suggest changing why you have to be logged in as a separate account to run something as admin. You can always right click and do a run as on your programs. Or if you are remoting in to that PC, then just add the user account to the Remote Desktop Users group.

Have you tried doing a right click and run as administrator on Kodi when it starts? I haven't tried it, it's just a bit of a guess.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Thanks for your reply. Well, it was a good idea and I tried it out. There is also a warning message if your logged in as a user or admin and a second user is logged on on the system. It doesnt matter it is a user or admin, Kodi dont shut down my system if a second user is logged on Sad
No idea its a issue from windows or Kodi. :-(
At the moment I dont shut down my system, I set it in hibernate mode. It works no matter who is logged on and I can boot the system with a magic packet = Wake on Lan (with Yatsi, the cool remote app for android for example). Works pretty good, but the shut down "problem" is still lil bit weird.
Sorry I have to update this thread.
I was very unhappy with my hibernate-solution and made some thoughts how to fix this behaviour the smart way.

I just did a "Force Shutdown" activated by the ShutdownMenu. Its simple, but it works.

If someone else wants to shutdown the system in Kodi (no matter another user is logged in) just edit your DialogButtonMenu.xml from your skin (for me it was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml) and change the following part:

<onclick>Powerdown()</onclick>

to

<onclick> System.Exec("C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /f /t 0")</onclick>

Again, I know its simple. But hey, it works: A forced shutdown initiated by the shutdown-menu.

I really hope the devs will fix this strange behavior in the next versions (optimize the Powerdown() method should do the trick).
I just dont think the developers want that Kodi just closes on shutdown with no feedback, that a logged in user was the reason.

Hope I could help someone with that. I like this (I hope temporary) solution.

Cubi2k

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutting down just closes Kodi, when another user is logged in on the system0