Local NFO, multiple series folders issue
I have just done a fresh install of Kodi 14.1 rather than an upgrade from the previous version.

One of the things I used to do now no longer works and I was wondering if someone could suggest what I might be doing wrong.

The scenario:

I have lots of DVD extras for TV shows and I have created a separate path containing just the extras.

For example:

"\\int1\tv shows\Doctor Who" and its various sub folders contains all the Doctor Who episodes themselves.

"\\int5\extras\Doctor Who" has a single folder containing separate video files with their own custom nfo file for each extra. The names of the files are in the format "Doctor Who - S01E26 - Sets of

Marinus.mkv" with an nfo file called "Doctor Who - S01E26 - Sets of Marinus.nfo".

The content of the nfo file is:
<episodedetails>
<title> ~ Sets of Marinus ~</title>
<rating>10.00</rating>
<season>0</season>
<episode>0</episode>
<aired>2014-07-06</aired>
<plot>Sets of Marinus</plot>
<displayseason>01</displayseason>
<displayepisode>27</displayepisode>
</episodedetails>

I also copied into the extras folder all the non video files relating to Doctor Who from the main folder (ie JPG, tbn, tvshow.nfo etc)

In the example above, when I listed Doctor Who within Gotham, it showed all the episodes PLUS all the extras in the correct place. In the above

example, it would list "S01E26 The Keys of Marinus" and following that it would show " ~ Sets of Marinus ~" because it was listed within the NFO file

as displayepisode 27.

In Helix, when I set the video source to "TV Show" and tell it to use local nfo only; the series is scanned but when I look at what I have for the series, instead of seeing all the episodes plus the extras; it displays nothing at all.

In fact, I have dozens of TV series with extras and in Helix all of them come out blank.

It seems as if when I am using the local nfo only scan, instead of adding it to what is there, it is replacing it with the extras which it is not recognizing at all.

To try and get to the bottom of things, I have done the following.

Removed all reference to the extras completely and rescan all the series again.

I now see everything normally.

Rather than have lots of extras to complicate matters, I have created just one folder with extras in it.

For simplicity I have used "A Touch of Cloth" which has just one extra.

Prior to the extra scan, Helix showed all episodes correctly.

I carried out the scan on the extras folder.

Helix shows nothing at all now for this series.

The following is what the kodi log is showing from the scan:

16:00:58 T:6444 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
16:00:59 T:6444 ERROR: CScraperParser:Tonguearse: Could not find scraper function GetEpisodeList
16:00:59 T:6444 ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
16:00:59 T:6444 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://sharename/Int5/Extras/Extras/A Touch of Cloth/', it won't be added to the library.
16:00:59 T:6444 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'smb://sharename/Int5/Extras/Extras/A Touch of Cloth - S02E03 - Season 2 - Behind the Scenes.mkv/' does not exist - skipping scan.
16:00:59 T:6444 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
16:00:59 T:6380 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

The following is the content of the "tvshow.nfo" file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
<title>A Touch of Cloth</title>
<rating>7.6</rating>
<year>2012</year>
<plot>A Touch of Cloth is a spoof detective TV drama written by Charlie Brooker and Daniel Maier. Jones plays DC Anne Oldman, the "plucky, no-nonsense sidekick" of DCI Jack Cloth (John Hannah).</plot>
<runtime>60</runtime>
<mpaa></mpaa>
<episodeguideurl>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/260750/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>
<episodeguide>
<url cache="260750.xml">http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/260750/all/en.zip</url>
</episodeguide>
<id>260750</id>
<genre>Comedy</genre>
<set></set>
<credits></credits>
<director></director>
<premiered>2012-08-26</premiered>
<status>Continuing</status>
<studio>Sky1</studio>
</tvshow>

The following is the content of the "A Touch of Cloth - S02E03 - Season 2 - Behind the Scenes.nfo" file

<episodedetails>
<title> ~ Season 2 - Behind the Scenes ~</title>
<rating>10.00</rating>
<season>0</season>
<episode>0</episode>
<aired>2014-07-06</aired>
<plot>Season 2 - Behind the Scenes</plot>
<displayseason>02</displayseason>
<displayepisode>4</displayepisode>
</episodedetails>

It is almost as if Helix will only allow you to have a series in one folder whereas Gotham allowed multiple paths.

In addition, it seems that, despite Helix being told to use local nfo information only; it is ignoring the extras files because it can't find them in the tvdb.

I hope this makes some sense and sorry if this is a bit rambling.

Thanks
Why not just use the VideoExtras addon?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I tried that but it didn't do what I wanted which was to integrate the extras within the episode listings rather than showing everything separately.
In fact I have had another look at the VideoExtras addon and it looks like it will be perfect for what I want. I last looked over a year ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local NFO, multiple series folders issue0