Problem playing 720p HDTV 60fps mov files in KODI
Dear Kodi users,

I used to run XBMC on Raspberry version 1, version B, at it was working great, including the mkv files that I am now NOT being able to run at all.
Everything happened a couple of months ago when my XBMC version suddenly upgraded itself to KODI.
Then I bought these raspberry codec licenses online.
Now I have bought a Raspberry 2, and I STILL have the same problem.

Problem since the KODI upgrade is:
Files such as: NBA.2015.02.15.All-Star.Game.720p.HDTV.60fps.x264-Reborn4HD.mkv REFUSE to run.
They run for a couple of seconds, and then everything freeze. They used to run really smooth and great using the Raspberry 1, now nothing is working anymore.

What is the problem?

/warcious
(2015-02-26, 23:18)warcious2015 Wrote: What is the problem?

Upload a debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
http://pastebin.com/Nx7xt7va
Why'd you cut the log? You've not told us anything about the system you are currently using and the information you decided to cut from the log would have told us that. Upload the whole log. Popcornmix may have some idea about your problem video, you could try enabling omxplayer.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The system crashes, you got the end of it. Ok, but here is the new log, with all its content.
http://pastebin.com/BV0k1yG9

What is popcornmix and omxplayer?

Currently running kodi on openelec on Raspberry PI 2 hardware.
Try enabling omxplayer in System -> Video -> Acceleration -> Allow hardware acceleration (OMXPlayer) -> ENABLE.

Now see if it makes any difference.

If you can upload a sample of your video, that could also help work towards a longer term solution (it's possible your video just doesn't work well with dvdplayer).
OMXplayer is already enabled.

Not working well with my dvdplayer?

This is very annoying, and must be a software issue. These sport videos used to work really good on my old hardware and old software before.
I have a 10 meter cable between my raspberry pi 2 and the router, and then another 10 meter cable from the router to my NAS.
Could this be the issue?
Unlikely. Upload a sample.
I removed the hardware acceleration, and changed it to software acceleration and suddenly I can see the video and the sound.
But it is lagging tremendously.

This is so strange, because these videos used to work great on my old raspberry using my old xbmc software.
Now I turned on the second hardware acceleration type: MMAL and the video is working quite well, with only some lagging sometimes.
Are there any better hardware acceleration options? Overclocking?
(2015-02-27, 00:54)Milhouse Wrote: Unlikely. Upload a sample.

How do I upload a sample, is there a simple site as pastebin for pasting logfiles?
Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
Hi, same problem here
I'm using Raspberry Pi 2 with openelec as well
I've disabled both accelerations and then enabled just the MMAL one
Now I can see playoff rips by Reborn4HD ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem playing 720p HDTV 60fps mov files in KODI0