Linux VNSI Timeshift and rec folder on network?
Is it possible to have timeshift files set to be on network, Samba share? I have a small itx box as client and running a Windows based small home server. Can this be done?
For recordings it may work. Not sure about the timeshift case. Timeshift has to write and read to/from a file at the same time. To ensure data stays consistent it uses a single file handle. I can imagine that this is either much too slow using samba or data is not consistent.
Thanks, timeshifting would not work, I'm afraid, over LAN with VDR.

I stumbled over a problem I couldn't fix with VDR VNSI, dvbapi, os**m this weekend: it just didn't workSad Using latest Openelec, and addons.

So I went back to MP Tv server as backend, and there I have timeshifting folder on the server and it works really great! It is ultra fast and no problems at all.
Maybe I will look at VDR again later once I have some time, but timeshifting support is great on TVServer, so will see.
(2015-03-02, 16:22)gurabli Wrote: Thanks, timeshifting would not work, I'm afraid, over LAN with VDR.

Well, I said I am not sure it would work in any aspect, i.e. seeking at the very beginning of the buffer, seeking at the end, having the buffer rolled over, etc.
I have never tested this scenarios with a LAN.

Did you test MP with 1080?
(2015-03-02, 19:37)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 16:22)gurabli Wrote: Thanks, timeshifting would not work, I'm afraid, over LAN with VDR.

Well, I said I am not sure it would work in any aspect, i.e. seeking at the very beginning of the buffer, seeking at the end, having the buffer rolled over, etc.
I have never tested this scenarios with a LAN.

Did you test MP with 1080?

Yes, I have tested and using MP with 1080 HD content and it works extremely well, no problems at all! What is really great, that recordings and TS buffer are all located on the server and used via LAN, and everything is instant, the same as it would be on server/client config.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VNSI Timeshift and rec folder on network?0