Disable rainbow square thingie
hi everyone,
Is there any way to turn off that annoying as hell square that is on every damn screen? I tried the Raspberry forums but apparently new users can't post??

Thanks!
Maybe the reason is posts like this..

WTF is the "rainbow square thingie"?
oh I know exactly what it is...I just want to disable it.
It's the under-voltage warning. You can disable it by using a more powerful power supply.
I ran 3 apple 12Watt chargers connected by 12 gauge cable, still there.
Let me google that for you : http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...29&t=82373

Quote:As usual you can override the behaviour in config.txt if you understand the risks:
avoid_warnings=1 removes the warning overlay.
avoid_warnings=2 additionally allows turbo when low-voltage is present.
(2015-02-27, 05:02)davemeister Wrote: I ran 3 apple 12Watt chargers connected by 12 gauge cable, still there.

But it's providing less than 4.6V to the Pi according to the warning symbol.
Sure you can disable the warning symbol, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get reliability problems.

The Apple chargers aren't great for voltage drop. See here.

Quote:Apple iPad

Similar to the iPhone charger, the iPad charger shows a lot of voltage sag. The voltage is about 5.1 V unloaded, dropping to 4.4 volts and 2.3 A (10.1 W) at the corner. Unlike the iPhone charger, the iPad charger has pretty good current stability. The regulation is solid, as shown by the narrowness of the yellow trace. Note the scale change due to the high current output.

I'm puzzled by the steep voltage sag on both the iPhone and iPad charger. Since the designers of the Apple charger went to a great deal of effort to build a high quality charger, I conclude they must not consider voltage sag worth worrying about. Or, more interestingly, maybe they built this sag as a feature for some reason. In any case, the chargers lose points on this.
It's like if you went to an automotive forum and posted "How do I disable the 'Check Engine' light?" o_o
(2015-02-27, 14:57)DJ_Izumi Wrote: It's like if you went to an automotive forum and posted "How do I disable the 'Check Engine' light?" o_o

Actually, more like "how to I disable the annoying orangey flashey exclamation mark thingy that keeps demanding my attention on the dashboard"
Just put a piece of black tape over the engine warning light thing on the dash and drive until the car stops working.
Problem solved Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable rainbow square thingie0