WIP Couch Ripper - Easy to Use DVD/Blu-ray Ripper
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get an email for some reason.

blueeyiz702, Can you give me your log file, following these instructions, http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy Your command is all mangled, and I'm not sure if it's just the forum, or if that's what is actually being used. This should be a fairly simple fix once I see the command.

mudislander, Thanks! Yeah, this seems to be a Windows only issue. Hmmm. Maybe I'll add a check to see if the defaults are sane, and there are no profiles, it will just use the default settings. I think adding an option to use a MakeMKV/HandBrake alternative should be fairly easy to implement. There won't be any kind of error checking, and you'd have to build the command yourself, but it should be fairly easy to implement. As a side note, you can disable "Encode after rip" to not run Handbrake, and MakeMKV will still do the rip for you.
http://pastebin.com/uyF6MNLf,hope I did it rite! thanks for help and instructions.
That is your log. However, I'm not seeing any Couch Ripper info. Did you try and rip a movie since you last started Kodi? The log is replaced every time Kodi is run. So, quit Kodi, start it up, try and rip to get the error, then close and send me that log please. Thanks. :-)
(2015-03-16, 22:06)reverendj1 Wrote: That is your log. However, I'm not seeing any Couch Ripper info. Did you try and rip a movie since you last started Kodi? The log is replaced every time Kodi is run. So, quit Kodi, start it up, try and rip to get the error, then close and send me that log please. Thanks. :-)

http://pastebin.com/1YAHtxCQ this is fresh log as you requested 3-16-2015 at 1:50pm
Much better, thanks. Everything looks right, I must just need to do it a little different on Windows. I should be able to fix this soon.
(2015-03-17, 15:44)reverendj1 Wrote: Much better, thanks. Everything looks right, I must just need to do it a little different on Windows. I should be able to fix this soon.

no problem.i learned how to do a couple of things I didn't before in process.and look forward to using couch ripper after your fix is applied,thanks!
reverendj1 did you get a chance to fix the windows problem I was having?
Not yet. I'll have access to a Windows machine over the weekend though, so I should be able to get it sorted out soon.
(2015-03-20, 00:12)reverendj1 Wrote: Not yet. I'll have access to a Windows machine over the weekend though, so I should be able to get it sorted out soon.

thanks appreciate it!
I updated it over the weekend. The newest version fixes all of the issues with Windows, and also a previously unknown issue where identifying drives wasn't working.
works perfect,thank you for time and help!+1
No problem. I'm just happy others find it useful.
mudislander, I just updated it to allow both custom rip and encode commands. It was a little more work than I thought, but it does make it much more flexible. I also raise an error if there are no profiles enabled.
reverendj1,take a look at program call dvd decrypt.it breaks incryption on any disk and is free! its been around for long time and ive used it for about 5 years!
This is great. We would like to get this add-on into shape for use with OpenELEC as being able to rip dvds from OpenELEC is a feature many users want.

I have compiled a handbrake add-on for OpenELEC (which will be going into the unofficial repo soon)
makemkv is already available in the unofficial add-ons repo

The issues I foresee are:

1) Locating the handbrake and makemkv binaries.

This is because the binaries are packaged as add-ons in OpenELEC, so the paths are as follows
/storage/.kodi/addons/multimedia.handbrake/bin/HandBrakeCLI
/storage/.kodi/addons/lib.multimedia.makemkv/bin/makemkvcon

This requires enabling hidden files and folders in system --> appearance --> file lists

It would be nice if there was a scan for binaries, such as used by handbrake, https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/b...re.py#L157

2) If you try and run it without configuring it first it will fail. It would be nice to open the settings dialog on first run. I'll have to check how to implement this.

I'll look over your source and may attempt to make a PR for the above issues.

Great work! I look forward to this add-on.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couch Ripper - Easy to Use DVD/Blu-ray Ripper2