Which backends do Series Recording?
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a backend that does Series Recording??

This is a must have function for me. (the wife needs it).

I've been using Windows Media Centre - but am moving from it as am fed up with the setup and that its being dropped by Microsoft.

Have looked at Argus, which seemed quite good, but have found out that it doesnt do series recording.

Any recommendations for a Windows backend?

Thanks.
MediaPortal does series recording, but skipping already recorded episodes depends on your guide data quality.
Mediaportal sort of does it, unless I'm doing it wrong. You can set it to record the same time and channel on set days / weeks, but if the program has a different start time one week I don't think it will adjust, as its more a recurring timer than series link as such. Could be wrong, I use CCM / confluence and can't see a 'series link' option other than repeat record scheduling.
Does NextPVR?? I read some info that seems to imply that it does...
You have to use a 'record every week at this time' option with Mediaportal TV server.
(2015-02-27, 15:39)archie456 Wrote: Does NextPVR?? I read some info that seems to imply that it does...

Yes, NextPVR does.

The 2nd challenge is finding a kodi skin that has the series record options included. I know Confluence and Titan both do.
Titan supports mediaportal, serverwmc, nextpvr, tvheadend and dvblink for series record so those are the pvr addons that support it.
I'm using Aeon Nox - which I'm quite happy with at the moment - maybe this doesnt support series recording?

I've not seen any option in my test of NextPVR...
(2015-02-28, 17:04)archie456 Wrote: I'm using Aeon Nox - which I'm quite happy with at the moment - maybe this doesnt support series recording?

I've not seen any option in my test of NextPVR...

It should fall back to a "confluence style" series record dialog if the skin doesn't support it.
Maybe you have to use a newer version of the NextPVR addon ?
Mythtv does it as well I believe with schedule direct
MP can schedule recordings based on EPG, so record every time on this channel (or every time on any channel) recordings are possible. As I use MediaPortal to schedule my recordings, I am not sure if the PVR Plugin for Kodi supports these features, but MP does.
I've now tried a few backends - and the one which I think will be OK is MediaPortal - although, I'm having installation issues at the moment and so haven't tested it.

I'd be interested to know some feedback from anyone using MediaPortal via Kodi on how good it is at series recordings...
Entering pedant mode, but Argus does support series recording at the backend with quite a lot of options for doing things like 'contain' searches. So, you can set a series record for '8 Out Of 10 Cats' and edit it somewhat to also include '8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown'), amongst a shedload of other tweaks.

Of course, as someone has already alluded to, getting the front-end add-ons and skins BOTH to support it is another problem. My ideal is for the Argus add-on and Black Glass Nova to support it all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which backends do Series Recording?0