Stutters in xvids with bad timestamps
I am coming back to the subject of xvid stutters. In a previous post almost a year ago, I was testing several files mostly in xvid (SD or HD in 720p) that were downloaded of the internet and discovered that many of them had stutters in openelec (frodo). The problem with those files was discovered to be bad timestamps (with the help of popcornmix). Any desktop PC would display them properly but Rpi would stutter. Anyways the matter partially resolved back then with the advent of gotham. Omxplayer in gotham managed to play some of the files really well but not all. Those that did not play well with omxplayer were playing well with dvdplayer. So far so good.

Until Kodi/Helix came. Those files that were playing ok with dvdplayer in gotham, now they stutter again in helix. Here is the link to some samples that I post again.

All 4 samples are xvids 720p from a very known release group. The funny thing is that until at the time that we speak, many releases still contain bad timestamps but they get released since they play ok with PCs. So the matter is not resolved/came back. I am forced to get these files in x264 which is ok but a pitty that up to this day, the matter with bad timestamps has not been resolved entirely.

The Rpi2 has the same behaviour. It is a matter of dvdplayer/omxplayer. Please popcormix have a look and let me know if I can at least somehow return dvdplayer playback to gotham status.

The really problematic files is the butler and sherlock that don't play ok with dvdplayer/omxplayer (and used to play ok with dvdplayer in gotham). The other 2 files elysium and mortal also have bad timestamps but they play ok with omxplayer/dvdplayer since gotham.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutters in xvids with bad timestamps0