My Windows 7 Server can blue screen my Windows 7 Kodi client
This isn't a request for help as I solved it, but I thought I would share. In the bedroom is a Windows 7 Ultimate Kodi box that is also a server. MySQL, DriveBender, SMB shares, Transmission, SABNAZBD, CouchPotato, SickBeard, the works. Two weeks in a row while watching media on my livingroom Windows 7 Professional Kodi box the video has hung at midnight on Saturday and it eventually blue screened. At the same time all other access to the box froze but returned, such as accessing SickBeard over the web interface.

It was System Restore. We checked the logs and system restore happens every Saturday at midnight and while making it's restore point it 'freezes' the entire server for a few moments so it can generate it's snap shot. This resulted in the living room client, using DXVA of course, would blue screen and power cycle. I think that the 'frozen' behavior from the server messed up with the SMB data access in such a way that the DXVA decoder in the GPU manages to bring down the whole system somehow.
We'd love to see a crashlog of when it happens. Would you mind reproducing this ?
(2015-03-01, 11:54)Kib Wrote: We'd love to see a crashlog of when it happens. Would you mind reproducing this ?

Which crash log? Do you want the Windows 7 crash log? Kodi didn't technically crash, the OS bluescreened so there's no crashlog for that. But I seem to have both Windows DMP files from this weekend and last weekend's Saturday midnight BSODs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Windows 7 Server can blue screen my Windows 7 Kodi client0