Recent update = video studder
Big Grin 
I unsubscribed to this thread with the last post and am no longer monitoring it, however I did say I would report back if I did find anything, and I did. I had a few minutes this afternoon after dinner while waiting for more work stuff to settle so I tried a barrage of UPS monitoring tools.

CyperPower's own software: powerpanel (powerpanel_1.3.2_amd64.deb) seems to use a new tool to access the UPS status and that solves this issue while keeping the UPS attached. I tried 4 other 'open source' monitors, all which either failed to recognize the unit (APC's one) or had no effect on this solution (used the systems default monitor). This software is also the nicest I've seen of all of them, including the default one, but they all relatively work just fine otherwise. The other obvious solution was unplug the UPS from the USB (but that's a bit pointless, still amazed how many people run that way though but)...

This one however I ran a test movie for 30 minutes, in ISO form (the more sensitive of the two) and without VLC and watching the log (ok, I let it run for 30 minutes and had a tail -f on the log in another window and cleared it before starting it) and the problem never returned with this test. Is it fixed? Maybe not, but it's vastly improved. It might be some combination of installing and uninstalling all those monitors perhaps, always possible. Either way should someone else see this and have a problem, try CyberPower's own oPwer Panel tool. I just did the command line version and it's working just fine. Honestly, the nicest of all the solutions on top of all that. So win-win! But whatever conflict KODI had with the OS paired with this type of UPS seems to be fixed or at least bypassed with this method. Why it didn't show up until the more recent dist-upgrades is the question. I suspect they changed something on the OS side incorrectly (wouldn't be the first time).

(2015-03-24, 21:06)nickr Wrote: Presumably if you don't want the devs help, we won't hear from you again. Can't say that will disappoint me, or I suspect, anyone else.

What are you 5? Trying to troll again for a response? Whatever, enjoy! I love 'ignore'... Bye bye...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recent update = video studder0