• 7(current)
WIP TVCatchup.com plugin (blxd edition)
Does Streamlink have the module iso639 missing ?

13:17:38 T:1652552784 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named iso639
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.streamlink/addon.py", line 6, in <module>
import streamlink
File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.streamlink/lib/streamlink/__init__.py", line 73, in <module>
from .api import streams
File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.streamlink/lib/streamlink/api.py", line 1, in <module>
from .session import Streamlink
File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.streamlink/lib/streamlink/session.py", line 9, in <module>
from streamlink.utils.l10n import Localization
File "/media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.streamlink/lib/streamlink/utils/l10n.py", line 2, in <module>
from iso639 import languages
ImportError: No module named iso639
-->End of Python script error report<--
13:17:38 T:1976283136 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.streamlink/play?url=http%3A//tvcatchup.com/watch/bbctwo]
ian1095 Yes, that is exactly the error I'm getting.

But I don't understand why as everything had been working fine until yesterday.

The only thing I can think of is Streamlink updated itself yesterday without me noticing and something may not be right with the latest version. Does that make any sense?

Is there a workaround I can use please?
Well Ive fixed it.

However, depending upon your platform you may not be easily able to do so yourself.

Its down to dependencies that are now external from Streamlink after an update. So these are now no longer an internal part of Streamlink.
I run Kodi from a VU+ Solo2 Enigma2 box so I simply added the needed dependencies to Python27/site packages. They were

iso639
iso3166
backports
pkg_resources

I suspect that your main culprit is pkg_resources, however if your log is exactly the same as mine then iso639 is your culprit and you may find that you do not even need the rest.

As I said using an Enigma2 box which is Linux based the adding of these dependencies was very simple, but if you are running Kodi from something other than a Linux platform it may not be the case for you. You will need to go through your log fixing one error at a time until all are fixed. Other than this the Author needs to include these new dependencies in his addon.

Ian.
ian1095 thanks ever so much.

I'm running Kodi from Windows so from what you've posted I'll take a look and see how easy (or not) it is to fix.

My log is exactly the same as yours for each channel I try to view so at least I know what I'm looking for.

The chap who wrote the revised TVCatchup plugin also wrote the plugin.video.streamlink for it as well (or I think so judging from its release notes) so it doesn't make sense to update it. BUT I think there is more than one plugin.video.streamlink doing the rounds so it may have got updated by Kodi inadvertently.

Hopefully he's keeping an eye on this thread.

I'll still plod on trying to fix mine anyway and see how it goes.

Thanks for all your input.
Just noticed that

backports.shutil_which

thats inside this addon contains backports so you dont need that one. I needed it though because I also run Streamlink outside of Kodi, inside enigma2 using a deamon binary to start it, to stream HLS and HDS stream types from python plugins used in Enigma2, and having recently switched from Livestreamer,I found all of the dependencies I mentioned above to be missing, plus plistlib as well.

You however may not require them all, so as I said, just fix each error one by one adding any needed dependencies as your log reports the errors.

Good Luck.

Ian.
Well I've given up after several frustrating hours.

I've followed my log and fixed dependencies where necessary but at the end of the day Kodi won't run iso639 even though it can now find it.

I'm not a Python (or Windows come to that) expert and just do the logical thing when trying to change scripts but I'm obviously missing something here and I really haven't got anymore time to waste on this plugin.

The easiest way for me to go is use the removed , it has the same (and more) channels than TVCatchup and will easily do the job for me. It's a no brainer really.

Was nice knowing you TVCatchup, I wish you well and maybe I'll see you again some day, who knows?
That addon comes from a banned add-on (wiki) repo so recommending it here is not allowed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@colin1951uk

There is a fix on the Streamlink Github that in theory should address your issue of not being able to get Kodi to use your new iso369 file whereby it will default to pycountry if the iso639 module is not available.

You will have to replace the utils.l10n.py file in your Kodi Streamlink with one created from the Git, but after doing so, things should then be ok for you on your platform.

Ian.
Hey guys, sorry about the issues...

I dropped the ball on that one...

I have updated the plugin and if you have my repo installed with auto-updates enabled you should get the fixed version automatically. If not you can manually check for updates.

Update: Fixed the ordering of the channels in the plugin list to match the website.

beardypig
This has stopped working for me again.

I keep getting: 'No streams available from this url' popping up from Kodi.

I guess they've changed their streaming links.

Any ideas?
@colin1951uk it is working for me today (don't know about the other day), do you have the latest version from https://github.com/beardypig/plugin.vide...p/releases ? If you are using blxd's old repo you might not have the most up-to-date version.
@beardypig You're dead right, I have got the old repo installed which doesn't make sense!

I updated it last February when you did the fix and have been using it happily ever after until last Thursday when It suddenly stopped working.

How the old repo got reinstalled I can't understand (unless Kodi somehow did a bad update) but anyway I've updated it to your latest repo and everything is working normally again.

I'm still scratching my head but thanks for pointing it out as it's the last thing I would have checked.
Hi guys. is this working . I installed it today. it didn't work for me! im using Jarvis. im also not based in the UK. so not sure if that is a factor. I just get a screen saying error.
I think its sources are geo locked to UK IP addresses only.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Working fine through web browser, but not Kodi (stopped today), both on same PC.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVCatchup.com plugin (blxd edition)2