LG Magic Remote
Got the new LG WebOS TV's and the magic remote works perfectly for the most part after mapping the colored buttons. The one annoying thing is when the cursor is displayed the remote does not work and you have to press the arrow keys to get rid of it and wait 5 seconds etc. Is there anyway to actually use the cursor? It would make browsing much easier with the cursor and wheel on the remote.

Before someone says that's isn't possible it should be, I just think code is missing or I just need to configure it. The reason I say this is because I'm able to use the cursor and wheel on the remote when I use Miracast from my win 8.1 tablet to the TV with the built in Miracast. I was actually really surprised that this worked but it does and comes in handy when browsing webpages etc.
It will never work since the tv doesnt send signals when the cursor moves to hdmi cec so it's a no go.
There's no substitute for experience
but then why does it work over miracast? The cursor literately becomes the mouse for the tablet and you can even use the wheel to scroll.
Hi , any update on this? i started config on my magic remote yesterday and would love to know if this was ever sorted. thanks!
Hey,

Any new information about this issue ?
(2015-03-04, 07:04)bluechris Wrote: It will never work since the tv doesnt send signals when the cursor moves to hdmi cec so it's a no go.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
What has this to do with kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG Magic Remote0