• 202(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-09-24, 21:38)grossbard Wrote: 23.976 videos played with SPMC on the shield drop/skip frames every few minutes. 24.000 movies play with no dropped frames. Is this a known issue with the shield? I am on the lastest firmware.

I experienced the complete opposite last night. 99% of my content is 23.976, never have dropped frames, and I can’t recall any posts on here about it. I watched a H.264 MKV rip from a blu ray last night that was 24 fps, and it was skipping every few mins throughout the entire movie, drove me nuts.
(2016-09-24, 21:38)grossbard Wrote: 23.976 videos played with SPMC on the shield drop/skip frames every few minutes. 24.000 movies play with no dropped frames. Is this a known issue with the shield? I am on the lastest firmware.

Disconnet all Hdmi cables and Reboot your Shield, TV and receiver
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

You can now apply to test a release candidate version of the upcoming update. Fingers crossed that the deinterlacing issue has finally been fixed.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...e-upgrade/
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
Did anyone receive a preview test release yet? I just submitted the form in hope I get an early test release with deinterlacing issue fixed Smile
Speaking of deinterlacing and Android TV OS, I've been playing around today....

I have not played with Live Channels much, but decided to install the TvHeadend Live Channel Beta App.
For basic Live TV viewing is already pretty slick, the Grid Style EPG presentation is the best I've ever seen. Smile

BTW, this is running on a development version of Android TV OS on a 2GB / 16GB eMMC / AMLogic S905, where 25/50fps mpeg2/H264 deinterlacing works properly ! Wink

(2016-09-29, 13:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Speaking of deinterlacing and Android TV OS, I've been playing around today....

I have not played with Live Channels much, but decided to install the TvHeadend Live Channel Beta App.
For basic Live TV viewing is already pretty slick, the Grid Style EPG presentation is the best I've ever seen. Smile

BTW, this is running on a development version of Android TV OS on a 2GB / 16GB eMMC / AMLogic S905, where 25/50fps mpeg2/H264 deinterlacing works properly ! Wink

Yup! I've tested it before, it's a great app. Too bad it doesn't use HTSP protocol from TVHeadend, as my TVHeadend can't transcode properly (too weak), it doesn't really work for me.

The author of the app is working on that tho Smile

Tested with 3.1 of course, 3.2 is a no go for smooth playback at 1080i50.
mpeg2-ts passthrough is my default protocol in the TvHeadend Server (config > stream profiles)

All I did was plug in my username, password, ip.address.of.tvserver:9981 into TvHeadend Live Channel Beta App and selected VLC I think it was and everything worked out of the box. Smile

(2016-09-30, 11:21)wrxtasy Wrote: mpeg2-ts passthrough is my default protocol in the TvHeadend Server (config > stream profiles)

All I did was plug in my username, password, ip.address.of.tvserver:9981 into TvHeadend Live Channel Beta App and selected VLC I think it was and everything worked out of the box. Smile

The application automatically selects it, but it doesn't use HTSP protocol, it uses HTTP, the developer is working on it. Hope it gets using HTSP soon Smile
My TVHeadend server is running in a Chromebox (2955U), so anything that does transcoding.. it simply can't handle it :p
A lot of videos I'm playing through Shield seem to be out of sync by a tiny little bit especially in Kodi - enough to be mostly noticeable especially seeing lip movement when people talk. I have tried these same videos on other devices and they are correctly synced with the video. It's very annoying to see people talking and it's just a tiny bit out of sync - it's one of those things you don't really notice until you see and hear it then you can't help not noticing.

Even YouTube app in Shield appears to be a tiny little bit out of sync. I get sync issues with mkv files in Kodi and outside Kodi. Some files sync fine but most don't.

Is there a fix for this? I have tried messing with delaying/speeding up audio in the hdmi setting option of shield but this seems to make no difference even if I slide the bar all the way across - it affects the bouncing ball sound but nothing outside it. I have also tried delaying audio in the file when it plays by selecting the speaker icon and again this doesn't affect it. I tried adjusting these audio settings in Shield by tiny increments going left and right but no change.

This is driving me mad. There must be a fix surely? I have tried rebooting Shield and coming out of a hard reset on shield as I read it could be related to sleep mode but again this didn't help either.

It's definitely a Shield software/firmware issue as the same files and YouTube are correctly synced on my other devices.

Great device I've only owned it for a week but this has really soured my experience with it. It happens with most (not all) video I've played on Shield so far. Connected via HDMI.
Posted 13 hours ago
(2016-09-30, 14:45)boco77 Wrote: I get sync issues with mkv files in Kodi and outside Kodi. Some files sync fine but most don't.

Press Audio icon on the bottom right side of the video controls while the mkv file is playing (in Kodi), you can then tweak the audio sync to suit.
I have recently (past month) also encountered audio sync issues, but only with spmc (1.6.4.2). Vanilla kodi is playing fine and so is the plex app on the shield tv.
(2016-09-30, 11:21)wrxtasy Wrote: mpeg2-ts passthrough is my default protocol in the TvHeadend Server (config > stream profiles)

What type of source do you use to get the live tv to work?
ADT-1 Developer Kit / Nvidia's Shield TV / Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' / Beelink GT1 / Amazon Fire TV 2 / Wetek Core / ODROID-C2 / Raspberry Pi 2 / Nexbox A5
DVB-T dual Tuner, Connected to an old ODROID C1 TvHeadend server, feeds 576i/720p/1080i mpeg2 and h264 TV streams around the house.

Quick question , now with the Release of Krypton beta 3 , also on the shield.

Which one is running better, or which one should we use , still SPMC oder Kodi 17 beta 3 ?

Thanks for the heads up
I've just been using Kodi beta 3, since I don't have any audio lip sync issues like I was having with SPMC.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9