update fail,splash screen freeze
hi, i asked the following over at openelec but got no response,hope its ok to ask here?

this morning i was using openelec 4.2, i decided to update to the latest release.

i followed the wiki on how to update-backed up first as per reccomendations-all seemed to work well

the only issue seemed to be with live tv,a bit more research and i found out aeon mq5 wasn't fully compatible,changed to confluence and a bit more progress,however live tv disappeared from the main menu,frontend,backend all enabled as should be so i reset it

now i get to the K splash screen and it freezes

i still seem to have access via ssh

can i use ssh to restore from my backup? or use it to make a log file?

i is dumb with "puters but i can follow instructions! pleas type s.l.o.w.l.y.Smile

thanks in advanve
martin
Yes....a logfile would be nice and you are able to do. Its not that hard Wink.

If you are ssh'd in type the following"

Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit

You wil then get an URL back which can be posted here in forums. So we can see, what happened (or not happened) on your system.

It could be possible, that a crashlog lies under the '.kodi' or the "storage"-folder. If there is one it would be nice tomsee this, too. You can push any output to a pastebin site by using the " | pastebinit" after a comand on ssh. For example:

Code:
ls -al /storage | pastebinit

will push the content of the folder 'storage' to the pastebin site and you will get an URL back. This can be done with any comand. The 'cat' command shows the content of a specific file. So lets suppose the crashlog lies under 'storage', you can do:

Code:
cat /storage/name_of_crash.log | pastebinit

to provide this as well

Many things can be done from now on via ssh. Even your system can be set to a factory reset and then your backups csn be restored as well. But please provide the logs first

Greetings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
update fail,splash screen freeze0