video capture for kodi and steam?
Looking for some suggestions for video capture for my new steam/kodi box, it's pretty awesome and I want to show it off to a friend out of town. I have kodi running at startup as a shell and it launches steam big picture using the plugin. I have tried open broadcaster but it only records black unless I open kodi in windowed mode. Tried camstudio, it works for kodi but not for games, it just shows a blank white window. This has to be possible with all the tutorials on YouTube, is everyone purchasing software for this?
Mirillis Action should do the job.
I purchased hardware for mine and use a video capture card, helps to record video while taking away the load. (Capture cards, when you need to squeeze out every last bit of FPS your rig can muster) Smile
OBS works but you have to select fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen.
I'll give mirillis a try. Also I'll try doing fullscreen window, but will it work for games?
Mirillis action works perfect, except for the watermark in the free trial (hate to pay 30 bucks for one video, I'll save that option as a last resort). OBS works if I use windowed mode on kodi, can't get it to work using the fullscreen window mode in Kodi. I'll see if i can get it to do a borderless window (the window kinda ruins the aesthetic of the video), if so it would work great.
It works here. So it's your settings that need some changes. Try both normal monitor capture & game capture mode (aero needs to be turn on) And see what works on your system. Mine with NVidia 630 works fine.

You need separate profile / scene for different software though.

For Kodi , Use Game Capture mode then select Monitor Capture. Not Kodi itself (it went black). Set Kodi to fullscreen window mode and it stream fine. I use it to broadcast some video to friends all the time.

With this method also works on most game you launch from steam since it's monitor capture in game capture mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video capture for kodi and steam?0