• 21(current)
Trakt.tv v3
(2015-05-03, 18:35)akenis Wrote: I'm not stupid, but I am a noob with kodi... so bear with me here.

1. I installed trakt 3.0 from official. Configure it. Nothing happens when I try to launch. I'm trying to get my previous history into trakt. I tried doing the uninstall and clean procedure with the new dev branch version. Library dependency issue on install. From post above, it sounds like everything is up and working ok on 3.0.0, but unsure of how to start sync process?

2. What are the pros and cons and differences between this addon and the trakt functionality within a certain other video addon?

Thanks!
everything is working fine afaik, strongly suggest you install from the official kodi repository instead of a manual install from github, it will make sure all dependencies are installed, among other things

1. you can manually start a sync by going into 'programs->program add-ons', highlight trakt add-on and hitting enter/select, if all is working properly this should initiate a manual sync, exactly what happens during the sync depends on how you have configured things in trakt add-on settings, make certain to go through all settings to verify the add-on is configured properly

2. the way you worded your question im guessing you already know this isnt something we can discuss here, im not certain which add-on your using so i will simply suggest you visit the forum/website/etc where the add-on is supported

i hope this helps, if your having problems getting sync to work still its almost certainly gonna require more info from you, provide as much detail as possible including os, hardware, trakt add-on config and version info for everything (kodi/os/add-on/etc), as always a log file is generally the quickest route to a solution

p.s. - you may also want to review issues on github if your still having problems
@papampi
thats a pretty specific setup, I will have to look into proxies to see if this should already be working.

(2015-05-03, 18:35)akenis Wrote: I'm not stupid, but I am a noob with kodi... so bear with me here.

1. I installed trakt 3.0 from official. Configure it. Nothing happens when I try to launch. I'm trying to get my previous history into trakt. I tried doing the uninstal and clean procedure with the new dev branch version. Library dependency issue on install. From post above, it sounds like everything is up and working ok on 3.0.0, but unsure of how to start sync process?

2. What are the pros and cons and differences between this addon and the trakt functionality within a certain other video addon?

Thanks!

@1 you forgot to configure it to upload it. By default it's only downloading the data to kodi not pushing it back up.
@Razze
Thanks a lot, I live in a country where almost every thing is filtered, so I have to use proxy to access trakt.tv too Sad
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

I guess nothing happens when I try to launch Trakt program.... this is probably because I don't have a library? I may have been confusing Favorite TV from a certain video add-on.
(2015-05-05, 00:26)akenis Wrote: I guess nothing happens when I try to launch Trakt program.... this is probably because I don't have a library? I may have been confusing Favorite TV from a certain video add-on.

Well if there is no library there is nothing to sync.
I just installed this addon; but can't find the setting, "Synch TV playback Progress to Kodi". Does this feature go without saying? All I want to do is start watching my TV show where I stopped watching last in Plex). I've already installed the Plex Trakt.tv addon; and, configured it.
(2015-05-05, 18:38)MKANET Wrote: I just installed this addon; but can't find the setting, "Synch TV playback Progress to Kodi". Does this feature go without saying? All I want to do is start watching my TV show where I stopped watching last in Plex). I've already installed the Plex Trakt.tv addon; and, configured it.

It's not possible at the moment, as there is no way to get the runtime of an episode. Basically we're blocked as long as this ticket is open http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/14524
Thanks for the quick reply Razze; and, thanks for sharing all your hard work with us.

Perhaps, you (or anyone else here) heard of any other addons / that can synch TV/Movie runtime between Plex and Kodi? My apologies in advance for asking this here.
(2015-05-05, 18:38)MKANET Wrote: I just installed this addon; but can't find the setting, "Synch TV playback Progress to Kodi". Does this feature go without saying? All I want to do is start watching my TV show where I stopped watching last in Plex). I've already installed the Plex Trakt.tv addon; and, configured it.

Did you get this working for movies? Either way Plex does not sync progress and they said it is low priority so it wouldn't work. You should check out Emby with their new plugin that fully integrates with Kodi.
(2015-05-06, 00:40)Deihmos Wrote:

Did you get this working for movies? Either way Plex does not sync progress and they said it is low priority so it wouldn't work. You should check out Emby with their new plugin that fully integrates with Kodi.

It will work without plex in the mix.

So sync for movies from one device in one room to another one will work. (you need to use the same trakt account)
(2015-05-06, 01:09)Razze Wrote:

So sync for movies from one device in one room to another one will work. (you need to use the same trakt account)

I tried this before and it did not work.
(2015-05-06, 01:10)Deihmos Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 01:09)Razze Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 00:40)Deihmos Wrote: Did you get this working for movies? Either way Plex does not sync progress and they said it is low priority so it wouldn't work. You should check out Emby with their new plugin that fully integrates with Kodi.

I tried this before and it did not work.

You started on device one watching a movie. Be sure it scrobbles in trakt, then stop it.

Change to device 2. Check if trakt is configured and be sure that the sync playback progress config is true. Then just do a sync (click the kodi icon), you should now have a resume point on the movie you just watched.
Movie progress definitely doesn't work for me between Kodi and Plex. However, at least, the "Watched" and "Last Watched" info is synched between the two.

I've never been able to get Emby to be 100% stable on my Android based clients (freezing issues, blank screen sometimes, even had to take my battery out my devices). Also, their transcoder didn't seem to handle spotty 4G network conditions as well as Plex for videos. Last time I checked was about 6 months ago.. Ill give Emby another try... Hopefully, they fixed all the weird stability issues.

If Emby is rock solid like Plex. Im likely to give their Emby Home Theater a try too (to replace Kodi)

(2015-05-06, 03:02)MKANET Wrote: Movie progress definitely doesn't work for me between Kodi and Plex. However, at least, the "Watched" and "Last Watched" info is synched between the two.

I've never been able to get Emby to be 100% stable on my Android based clients (freezing issues, blank screen sometimes, even had to take my battery out my devices). Also, their transcoder didn't seem to handle spotty 4G network conditions as well as Plex for videos. Last time I checked was about 6 months ago.. Ill give Emby another try... Hopefully, they fixed all the weird stability issues.

If Emby is rock solid like Plex. Im likely to give their Emby Home Theater a try too (to replace Kodi)

I use Emby with Kodi. They have a new plugin that integrates with the Kodi database. If you play something in Kodi you can continue from any device. Yes their Android app needed some work and I know they had many updates. You can get it by installing the beta repo and installing Emby.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/t...beta-repo/
(2015-05-06, 03:02)MKANET Wrote: Movie progress definitely doesn't work for me between Kodi and Plex. [...]

It should work if you start watching on plex and resume on kodi.
Also kodi to kodi should work.

I'm not sure if the plex addon already implemented the resume feature so going from kodi to a plex installation might not work.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35