1080XF - How to make a Basic Playlist
Hi guys,

Just wondering if I could get some help making a basic playlist? I've navigated to the folder and queued the item but where do I go from there? Nothing in the KODI wiki is helping me....

Appreciate any info
not sure if it's possible. I changed the skin to Confluence, made my playlist and then switched back.
This is something that was discussed in the past. Piers at the time asked for feedback as he doesn't use the feature, but no one replied. I chipped in with what I know, but I don't really use queues in Kodi either as I find it confusing.

You are correct though - There is an option to queue items in this skin, but no obvious option to view the queue/playlist. in Confluence you have a "Currenty Playlist" option in the side menu.

Your two options currently for this skin:

- Press "m" to get Quick Nav, go to the Now Playing tab, and a the bottom where the controls are there is a playlist button (the one with the 3 horizontal lines as an icon). This only seems to work when a video is actually playing (so for example when you are already playing a smart playlist.)

- Edit your keymap and map any key/button to the "playlist" action, for example

Code:
<n>playlist</n>

That would make the n key pull up the playlist, irrespective of skin.

I do have one question for you though essjay. Is this something you use often? If so, how do you actually play the queue once you queue all your items? In any skin I try this in, I make my queue then select the first item and the queue is wiped and only that first items plays. I have to save the queue as a playlist (this is why I never use it) then play the saved playlist. Is that your experience as well?

@Piers - My recommendation for this would be to add "View Current Queue" option to the Power menu and possibly also in the Quick Nav default tab. This would make the most sense and bring it in line with Confluence and some other skins. Since there is a Queue Item option, this would make sense to have as well I think.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080XF - How to make a Basic Playlist0