Solved Why no DVBLogic sub-forum?
... here is another bug that the vendor redirects to KODI:
http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?...cb6c8d6d8b

"
Obereon
This is one of te shortcomings of Kodi and shoud be fixed on their side.
"

Nobody cares...
Why would I pay you? You're the one who is bitching that the whole codebase is faulty.

By the way i see no unresolved bugs for dvblogic in bugtracker. How can devs care about what you don't tell them?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nicko, I'm only complaining that I've paid money for a product that does not work the way it is intended.
Of course I have tried to contact the vendor and inform them about the issue first.

I still think that THEY should talk to team KODI (and not me...).

There is gap in support between KODI and DVBLogic.
Do you agree?
I don't know as it appears you have not posted to the kodi bugtracker. Hard to say if there is a gap if you haven't sought support from both ends.

Of course you are MUCH less likely to get support from a commercial vendor that already has your money and no further incentive.

Open source devs generally tend to be prouder of their creations, and willing to try and make them work properly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
THAT is exactly what I am thinking at the moment...

I wanted a BASIC solution and thought that a commercial vendor would have a product up and running with simple, yet solid functionality.
Now consider watching Live-TV on a Raspberry or Android box is almost impossible with this product - and this problem is occurring for months ...

I've invested a lot of time (besides money) - but I think I'll dump this software now and turn to open source.
Just my 2 cents. I am running two TV servers, DVBLink on my Synology DS211j NAS, and tvheadend on my $35 MK808B+ (Amlogic S805 SoC) Android stick. As clients, I am using my MK808B+ both as a backend and frontend, and also a Tronsmart Vega S89H Android TV box (Amlogic S802). I primarily use the tvheadend server, instead of the DVBLink server, because I like the browser setup screen better. I am using the latest nightly of Kodi 15.0 and Arctic: Zephyr skin, and everything seems to be working great for me with both servers. I am using the HDHomeRun OTA tuners for my TV signal in the USA.
(2015-05-20, 10:48)michasvision Wrote: THAT is exactly what I am thinking at the moment...

I wanted a BASIC solution and thought that a commercial vendor would have a product up and running with simple, yet solid functionality.
Now consider watching Live-TV on a Raspberry or Android box is almost impossible with this product - and this problem is occurring for months ...

I've invested a lot of time (besides money) - but I think I'll dump this software now and turn to open source.
I think we are starting to turn on to the same page LOL.

I can't even see on the dvblink site what their software costs once you get off the trial version.

However if you switch to, say, mythtv or tvheadend that is the only money you have wasted, all your hardware should be OK (although you haven't been specific about your tuner hardware, I am assuming it works in linux, if not you can change tuners or use a windows backend solution[1]).

My plan would be:

* ascertain if your tuners work in linux, if yes
* back up anything you need in windows server
* install mythbuntu and config your tuners etc
* use the latest pvr.mythtv in kodi - see http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/index.html

[1] I can't believe I just said that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why no DVBLogic sub-forum?0