Raspberry Pi 2 and Lilliput 7" monitor 669GL
Good afternoon and thank you for this forum opportunity.

I am new to Raspberry Pi and have bought a 7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor (669GL) for it. Right now it works great as a monitor, but I do not know how to activate the touch screen ability for the Raspberry Pi. Does anyone have any instructions or suggestions? Do I need to do any programming?
Have a look at this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219666
The last post refers to a YouTube video on a how to for a different touchscreen. Might help
I'm not sure if that link will help. I was looking a little bit into this today, and it does sound like Lilliput has Raspbian drivers for the touch screen part (which should plug into USB), but they don't seem to have any links to it on their website. They only mention an SD card that they sell. I would try e-mailing them directly to see if they'll just send you the drivers in a download.
I am not quite at that step. The monitor came with a CD of drivers, but I have to figure out how to get that info into the Pi before hooking the HDMI and USB. I need to learn about adding drivers to the Pi. Thank you.
The touchscreen should just work as in input device (via USB?) so you just need to interface it with your software. That means a driver of some sort. So step one is what OS are you running on the PI? Hopefully, it is raspbian, because i forsee you getting drivers for OE as a problem. That probably requires you to help do it (unless someone already did it).

Sounds like a fair amount of work, but the PI is pretty popular, i wouldn't be surprised if someone has done the legwork for you already (like Ned mentioned).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 and Lilliput 7" monitor 669GL1