• 3(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2015-03-15, 21:16)bodhi Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 07:49)Warner306 Wrote: 6. REDUCING LAG & IMPROVING RESPONSIVENESS

Perhaps there should be some info about for certain Harmony remote, such as the 700, inter-device delay is set on the remote itself.

Are you sure it's set on the device itself? If it uses the Harmony software, device delays can still be accessed in the way described. I bet this is a alternative way of doing the same thing.
(2015-03-15, 21:26)Warner306 Wrote: Are you sure it's set on the device itself? If it uses the Harmony software, device delays can still be accessed in the way described. I bet this is a alternative way of doing the same thing.

Probably, I have not updated my Harmony 700 in about a year, so not sure if they've added to the software. But I do recall having to use the remote to set the delays. I'm pretty sure it is still there on the remote itself. If I find my note about this, will post back.
Which is the best hp receiver ? 5187 or 5188 ?
@Warner306 - very nicely done. thank you for taking the time to put this together. Perhaps showcase this on the official kodi.tv blog? @ned scott thoughts on that? would be a shame to have this overlooked.
(2015-03-20, 13:33)bry- Wrote: @Warner306 - very nicely done. thank you for taking the time to put this together. Perhaps showcase this on the official kodi.tv blog? @ned scott thoughts on that? would be a shame to have this overlooked.

Thanks for the feedback. I think this post is in the right place. As much as I like Harmony line, I know many others use other remotes. Besides, this is a Windows-only guide.
(2015-03-20, 12:53)Roby77 Wrote: Which is the best hp receiver ? 5187 or 5188 ?

The 5188 is the newer of the two. And some of the 5187 models have the OVU400102/71 part number, which will cause you problems.
Thank you for your suggestion
(2015-03-14, 19:13)Mydriaze Wrote: Thanks for your great guide. Really helped me to setup my Logitech Harmony Touch remote.
On your guide, you speak about "alt+F4" to close directly Kodi. Official command is "ctrl+end". Is there a way to add this via the harmony software or to change the shortcut in kodi? (right now i'm trynig to find a solution)

how did you setup your Harmony Touch, there are so many keys in the other Harmony, the Touch has so few /// ?
(2015-03-24, 16:37)claudioita Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 19:13)Mydriaze Wrote: Thanks for your great guide. Really helped me to setup my Logitech Harmony Touch remote.
On your guide, you speak about "alt+F4" to close directly Kodi. Official command is "ctrl+end". Is there a way to add this via the harmony software or to change the shortcut in kodi? (right now i'm trynig to find a solution)

how did you setup your Harmony Touch, there are so many keys in the other Harmony, the Touch has so few /// ?

Using long touch and short touch should give you a bunch of extra keys.
Question. What if I want to control my wmc and kodi how would I do that. How can I kill one to get to the other and vice versa without using a keyboard? I'm on my way to purchase a harmony one remote. Need some help. Wish there was a video for this.
(2015-03-27, 19:51)teegray1124 Wrote: Question. What if I want to control my wmc and kodi how would I do that. How can I kill one to get to the other and vice versa without using a keyboard? I'm on my way to purchase a harmony one remote. Need some help. Wish there was a video for this.

That's easy. Keyboard controls and custom commands created in Kodi only apply when Kodi is running. You could use the Windows Media Center SE device to control both Kodi and Windows Media Center. Create two activities: one for Kodi and one for WMC. That way, WMC can have its own keymap when WMC is running. I'm sure the "Start" command for WMC is in the Harmony database. I start Kodi from the Windows Taskbar with Win + #.

This applies whether you have an RC6 compatible receiver or not. If it is a non-eHome receiver, then set-up for Kodi is more complicated. But Windows Media Center commands should be read natively. Set-up for non-eHome receivers when using Kodi is covered in the guide.
when i configure this remote do i have to be hooked up the computer i am usng or can i use another computer to do this?
i need major help son confused
(2015-03-28, 17:27)teegray1124 Wrote: when i configure this remote do i have to be hooked up the computer i am usng or can i use another computer to do this?
i need major help son confused

You have to install the Harmony software. It is fairly easy to follow. The remote connects to the PC with its included cable.
I have installed it. I have added both things but after that I get confused on what I am doing the custom on,
(2015-03-28, 21:13)teegray1124 Wrote: I have installed it. I have added both things but after that I get confused on what I am doing the custom on,

The Harmony software is guide on its own:

1. Add each of your devices to your profile (TV, audio receiver, Blu-ray player, game console, etc.). You need the manufacturer (e.g. Samsung) and model number (e.g. 60F7500) of each device. Write this down on a piece of paper and return to your computer to add each device.

2. Create an activity. An example activity could be called Kodi. The activity turns on the required devices (e.g. TV, receiver and computer) for the selected activity and sets them to the correct input. You need to know what input the TV uses for this activity (e.g. HDMI 1) as well as the other devices (e.g. A/V Receiver set to BD/DVD and PC set to on). When you press an activity button, the remote turns on the devices and sets them to the correct input.

3. Customize the activity by customizing the button layout. Choose to customize the buttons for an activity. Select the device for a given button and then the desired command. This guide walks you through the process of customizing the button layout for a Kodi activity using a Harmony 650. You can use the identical keymap I have provided (using a device > command structure). You will want your TV or A/V receiver to control the volume buttons. The remaining buttons are provided in the keymap.

4. Repeat this process to create additional activities (e.g. WMC, Watch TV, etc.). Customize the button layout for each.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6