Audio Video Sync Problem on Pi2 OpenELEC 5.0.5
popcornmix

So finally home again trying to make that recording , but i gave up on kodi.
It just got worse. Now i can not even watch 2hr. TV without rebooting / hard reset (power cable out , count till 3, plug it in again).
Very frustrating. The whole thing has to do with weak signal , lost frames or double ones due to reflections of passing cars / trams / busses etc.
The really bad thing is that my RPi2 freezes after certain amount of those frames and only thing that brings it back to life is hard reboot.
That brings another problems with itself.
- After reboot it happens that all channels are gone except the last one on wich it freezes. So scann for channels again etc. Very frustrating.
- In even wose case FAT partition gets corrupted and that means SDHC out , in adapter, in carreader on other machine and run fsck.fat or simmilar to repair it
and hope all will be ok.

All of that is too much hassle and time consuming , not even to talk about frustration.

I will switch to raspbian and wait for next kodi release Sad

Maybee developers could implement a feature like "If signal too low show user warning that this channel is not available due to bad reception "
AND give user option to set a signal treshold on every configured channel (advanced settings or so ... ).
That is much better than freeezing / rebboting and loosing some other recording that was scheduled in the background.
Also how about the brightness/contrast controls.
There is still much work to be done until kodi can replace other commercial solutions available out there Sad
And no , i will not go trough hassle of another google / dropbox account , have allready enough of others.
Sorry , nothing personal and i respect the whole work and it is a beautifule project , but until it is ready too be used 24/7 in my living room
i will look for alternatives.

Thank You for all the effort
Greetings
mad77
After Update to OPENELec 5.0.8 still the same problem(s).

VLC on Laptop running GNU/Linux with same antenna and DVB-T stick (same placement) has no A/V sync problems , but my raspi2b suffers...
Lost frames , a/v out of sync , reboots on too much lost frames, wrong EPG data and worst of all loosing the configured TV channels :o
SO Unplug USB DVB-T stick , replug it , wait for reboot (then it will do it eventually by itself) and hope channels are back.

AND PRAY YOU PLUG IT IN THE SAME USB PORT! OTHERWISE ..... Buuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

(Monolithic kernel? /dev/*** Hardcoded after config ? , How about the dynamic devices enumeration plug-and-pray config at the boot ? We are in 21st Century, just as reminder)

Player that is implemented really sucks, also the undynamic config of USB connected devices . Sorry, but true.
Can OPENELec team please implement something else as standard player (VLC, Xine,MPlayer, ffmpeg***) ?
And please make USB enumeration for connected devices dynamic NOT STATIC.

Those are basics One would expect from Home-Entertainment-Center, and this simply does not do it .
Upgrade to 5.95.5. May not solve all of your problems, but it is a much better experience than 5.0.8. I find pvr the least functional aspect of Kodi, but it still pretty much works for me. I've got a couple of channels with poor reception that I've learnt to avoid. Luckily, not ones that I usually want to watch anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Video Sync Problem on Pi2 OpenELEC 5.0.50