• 12(current)
v15 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 15 Isengard
(2015-08-30, 14:50)Krondorf Wrote: Hi Scott,
Just wondering, i have an issue with files auto repeating, but i was unable to turn it off through your skin. I had to switch to Confluence, turn it off, then switch back to your skin. (hopefully the setting came across too)
How do we get to 'current playlist repeat' setting through your skin?

Otherwise, great work! Smile

1. MQ5 is not my skin. It is Marcos Qui's skin. I am just trying to keep it working in Helix and Isengard while Marcos works on the next version, MQ6. Many users have helped in fixing and also adding some enhancements over what MQ5 provided in Gotham.

2. The way the skin works, is that the controls for the current or now playing playlist are accessed either through the home window, the player controls dialog, or the full screen video/music OSD dialog. In general keyboard "m" will pull up these windows for you, except on the home window it is there (as a window group) whenever media is playing.

3. At least in English, I found the labels that are shown (except player controls shows no label at all) confusing, so I have made a change such that now when you click on the "repeat" icon, it cycles with the following labels:
REPEAT OFF
REPEAT FOLDER
REPEAT ONE

repeat folder also means repeat all.

4. Shuffle or random works the same way.

5. In player controls dialog, there is no label but if you look closely at the icon, you can see how it changes (not obvious I know).

6. You can set up keyboard keys to force a repeat state if you want:
PlayerControl(RepeatOff)
PlayerControl(RepeatAll)
PlayerControl(RepeatOne)
or use the cycle method (but there isn't any easy way to get feedback as to what state you have set, so IMO not so useful):
PlayerControl(Repeat)

This change will be in my Isengard repo probably today and also in the next 7.1.12 release pending any user feedback.

scott s.
DISC art for TV Shows

After considering things, I think it is not good to put the option to turn off pseudo disc art for tv shows on the skin settings. Instead I have it on the view top menu "collection/change view" tab, That tab is getting kind of long but seems like the best location. The radiobutton will affect low list, mid list, and wide list (the only viewmodes where I added the "pseudo-discart"). I didn't add it to glass list, poster, right list, shelf case, nor wall since I am not 100% sold on the "pseudo-discart". (If you haven't been following "pseudo-discart" uses the poster as the discart if it exists and explicit discart does not exist).

scott s..
thx u so much for taking the time to make it removable when will it be out for download ??

rico
(2015-09-01, 03:52)chr0nic Wrote: thx u so much for taking the time to make it removable when will it be out for download ??

rico

Doing some testing. Needs a new label text string in the language files which I am assigning 31588 (so far). After I made a mistake on the "mid list" string assignment I have gone through and inventoried all the language text strings. Note: if any one has a translation for "MID LIST" or "USE DISC FOR TV SHOWS/SEASONS" for their language please post it and I will include, otherwise you are stuck with English.

scott s.
Hey Scott,
Could you by any chance add an option for artwork downloader to automatically launch in solo mode when new videos are added to the library?
sweet idea djoole
(2015-09-03, 01:32)djoole Wrote: Hey Scott,
Could you by any chance add an option for artwork downloader to automatically launch in solo mode when new videos are added to the library?

Thought about it -- don't see any way for the skin to be alerted that there was an update. Seems like a better way is either a service addon "watchdog" sort of thing, or add it to whatever is triggering the update in the first place.

scott s.
BTW, all fixes/mods for Isengard mod are now committed to the repo so you can manually get/replace by browsing the commits or just copy out all the skin files.

scott s.
(2015-09-03, 22:01)scott967 Wrote:

Thought about it -- don't see any way for the skin to be alerted that there was an update. Seems like a better way is either a service addon "watchdog" sort of thing, or add it to whatever is triggering the update in the first place.

scott s.

It seems they managed to do it on Aeon ShedNox. Don't know if the same way could be used for MQ5 though.
Any chance this is already addressed in MQ6? I'll admit that being totally satisfied with MQ5 "by scott", I haven't really MQ6 dev..

I'll try to look for this watchdog addon, thanks for the clue.
Hi Scott,

I have a few questions i would like to ask you. Hope you don't mind.

1. While using artwork downloader everything seems to be running fine with it. However i noticed that when i scan for artwork for my movies. It finds most of the disc art that's available and adds it to my movie folders and displays it correctly. I have however noticed that selected movies i have to use the GUI Mode and select the disc art manually because it doesn't find it but its available in the manual GUI mode and on fanart.tv. I have also tried a rescan a few times but still doesn't find the disc art. It does seem to find other artwork but not disc art. Is this a error with the add-on or is it something am doing wrong?

2. I am using the skin ShelfCase and would like to use the logos as titles option. However once this option is turned on. I don't like the logo sizes. They seem quite small. I know these can be edited but can't seem to find the correct instructions on how to edit them on Isengard. Could you please provide me with the correct XML file and code i need to edit.

Thank you. Smile
(2015-09-03, 23:12)djoole Wrote:
(2015-09-03, 22:01)scott967 Wrote:

scott s.

It seems they managed to do it on Aeon ShedNox. Don't know if the same way could be used for MQ5 though.
Any chance this is already addressed in MQ6? I'll admit that being totally satisfied with MQ5 "by scott", I haven't really MQ6 dev..

I'll try to look for this watchdog addon, thanks for the clue.

Ok I took a look at ShedNox and what he does is when a library update is done the extended progress bar dialog fires off artwork downloader to search for all library items. Will think about this some. If you have a big library might take a while to complete.

scott s.
Well if it's done in background that shouldn't be a problem imho.
But the best would be to call "solo mode" only on new videos.

Thanks a lot for watching this... You've made so much more than making the skin compatible Helix/Isengard Smile
Looks great! Anyone know how to get the movie set info displaying properly with the extended info script?
(2015-09-05, 05:55)djoole Wrote: Well if it's done in background that shouldn't be a problem imho.
But the best would be to call "solo mode" only on new videos.

Thanks a lot for watching this... You've made so much more than making the skin compatible Helix/Isengard Smile

I built a test version to try out and it works as expected, but it still seems to me that if your video library is very large it is going to run forever checking every item in the library (unless of course you turn off certain media types in the addon settings). For me it was running still when I shut down Kodi. So I am not sure when someone would actually want to enable this. Also you are hammering the download sites with requests, which in most cases is just going to return artwork you already have. Seems better just to manually run artwork downloader in batch mode when you want it.

If there was a way to tell artwork downloader just to look at new entries in the database, then I could see it, but I don't know any way to do that. It seems like the only thing supported would be to write an addon that figures out the dbid of the new entries and calls artwork downloader in solo mode for each, one-by-one.

scott s.
(2015-09-04, 10:35)liamdaly3 Wrote: Hi Scott,

I have a few questions i would like to ask you. Hope you don't mind.

1. While using artwork downloader everything seems to be running fine with it. However i noticed that when i scan for artwork for my movies. It finds most of the disc art that's available and adds it to my movie folders and displays it correctly. I have however noticed that selected movies i have to use the GUI Mode and select the disc art manually because it doesn't find it but its available in the manual GUI mode and on fanart.tv. I have also tried a rescan a few times but still doesn't find the disc art. It does seem to find other artwork but not disc art. Is this a error with the add-on or is it something am doing wrong?

2. I am using the skin ShelfCase and would like to use the logos as titles option. However once this option is turned on. I don't like the logo sizes. They seem quite small. I know these can be edited but can't seem to find the correct instructions on how to edit them on Isengard. Could you please provide me with the correct XML file and code i need to edit.

Thank you. Smile

1. Best would be to turn on debug (wiki) mode in Kodi and get a log. Also turn on debug setting in the artwork downloader settings. Then run artowrk downloader and look at the results.

2. You make your edits in file MyVideoNav.xml. What you are looking for is "clearlogo" . You have to set it in two locations: line 314 and line 381, looking like this:

Code:
<control type="image"><!-- clearlogo -->
<posx>30</posx>
<posy>58</posy>
<width>300</width>
<height>45</height>
<texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)]</texture>
<aspectratio align="left" aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
<fadetime>FanartCrossFadeTime</fadetime>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(clearlogotitle) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(clearlogo))</visible>
</control>

So the size is 300 by 45 (note that dimensions are based on a fullscreen 1280x720 pixels).

scott s.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 15 Isengard6