WMC on RPi OpenElec
LOTS of trials and tribulations.
After finally getting OpenElec 5.5 to run properly on an RPi2 and USB stick, I tried live TV again.

Server is on a Win732 with Kodi 14.2 RC1 (not running).
Remote running Kodi 14.1

Was experiencing this issue previously,
Tried running live TV on Server and remote system, get buffering on both in DLNA=False mode.

Switch to DLNA=True and Live TV runs ok (no buffering), but no PVR features. (no RW/FF, playing after pause would give major artifacts and eventually exit out of Live TV)

Got RPi up and running, have codecs installed, Can run DLNA live TV with same RW/FF issues, runs smoothly otherwise on both remote machines.

Switched Server back to DLNA=False, two remote machines, both giving the buffering msg every 15-20 seconds
All on wired 1G network.

Server OS and recorded video on different drives.
About the only thing I haven't tried is mirroring a second drive in for video recording, but I should have to do that.

Why is WMC Server not able to transcode two live TV channels at once? Yes, it's a fair bit of data, but my server should be more than enough system to handle it.

Any ideas?
Mine can steam to my 4 clients simultaneously and its an old amd based machine. What does your server machine show for processor usage when both the streams are running? And disk usage? Posting a serverwmc log (on pastebin.com) when both streams are running, and buffering is happening, might give us a clue.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
log here:
http://pastebin.com/Gw1EZu2Z

cpu 10-12%
disk 10Mb/s
What about network utilization on the Server PC? Try opening task manager and looking at the network tab while streaming. I just tried to stream 1 then 2 live clients. It appears each takes about 3% utilization on a 1 Gbps link. That is 1.5% in from the tuner and 1.5% out to the client. Here is a screenshot:

The first client stuttered for a split second when the second stream was started but was fine for the rest of the time.
never more than ~8%.
I see no indication in the log that swmc is is having any trouble getting the data in and out while you are remuxing the two streams (assuming you saw the buffering problem during the logged time). Your disk speed of 10mb/s is not fast enough to move two hi def streams, but I assume this is what you measured as the disk speed? All I can think of right now, is to try moving the recorded tv folder to a different drive, doesn't have to be permanent, just as an experiment.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Currently transferring data to a stripped pair. Lets see if that works. Smile

EDIT:
Yup. Moving the data to a RAID0 drive works. I don't know why that drive was acting so slowly.
YAY!
I got it all working properly now!
Woot!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC on RPi OpenElec0