No DTS-HD setting on Onkyo TX-NR818
Since the update from XBMC to KODI I'am unable to play DTS-HD sound on my mediacenter. I now found out that it must have something to do with my receiver. (Onkyo TX-NR818)
When I connect my mediacenter to another receiver (in this case I've tested a Denon receiver) I get an DTS-HD option in the settings. But on my Onkyo receiver I don't have this setting.

What could be the problem? Maybe the EDID of the receiver is not parsed right?
I've pasted a log output of kodi here: http://pastebin.com/L6UKkvdW
Have you tried connecting your PC to HDMI Input 1 on your Onkyo. ISTR that on some Onkyo models PCs worked better on Input 1, though my Chromebox and NR616 are fine together when fed in multiple inputs.
I found the problem. There is a setting on the Onkyo receiver to pass audio to the second hdmi output when the receiver is on. If I disable this setting on the receiver the DTS-HD settings appear in kodi.
I've tried to play a DTS-HD sample and it works, but I've got regular sound dropouts. (Every five seconds)
I've enabled the debug log and uploaded it here: http://pastebin.com/XB3cmrPw
Does anybody know what could cause those dropouts?
Caused by: Wrong Video Clock. It will be very hard to fix that properly as the hw cannot do fractional modes.

Just disable passthrough completely and use PCM output.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And something else: Your TV does not seem to have CEC feature. Please disable CEC completely in the input settings of kodi. It causes:

Quote:19:45:46 T:1329591360 DEBUG: CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity - CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError2 - was:52744820.032215, should be:52690620.136263, error:-54199.895952
19:45:47 T:1721652288 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: sent command error !

Every some seconds.

So: Try without CEC enabled first, then check if the dropouts are ~ once every minute.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-15, 02:11)fritsch Wrote: And something else: Your TV does not seem to have CEC feature. Please disable CEC completely in the input settings of kodi. It causes:

Quote:19:45:46 T:1329591360 DEBUG: CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity - CDVDPlayerAudio::HandleSyncError2 - was:52744820.032215, should be:52690620.136263, error:-54199.895952
19:45:47 T:1721652288 ERROR: CecLogMessage - Write: sent command error !

Every some seconds.

So: Try without CEC enabled first, then check if the dropouts are ~ once every minute.

I've disabled the HDMI CEC, but that didn't help. The dropouts are still every 5 seconds.

(2015-03-15, 02:07)fritsch Wrote: Caused by: Wrong Video Clock. It will be very hard to fix that properly as the hw cannot do fractional modes.

Just disable passthrough completely and use PCM output.

When I disable the HDMI passthrough there are no dropouts, but Kodi doenn't seam to automatically set the PCM khz rate to the rate of the video I'am playing. I've tried this with an 96 khz DTS-HD example using both the "Optimized" and "Best Match" output configuration but both only set the PCM output to 48 khz. Only when I set the output configuration fixed to 96 khz the receiver reports a 96 khz PCM audio stream. Should I just set the output fixed to 192 khz to always get the best audio output or is there another solution?
DTS-HD cannot be decoded - no opensource decoder available. So the lossy Core stream is used, which is normal DTS - 48 khz.

No - fixed output is no solution, it will only cause upsampling.
(2015-03-15, 10:28)fritsch Wrote: DTS-HD cannot be decoded - no opensource decoder available. So the lossy Core stream is used, which is normal DTS - 48 khz.

No - fixed output is no solution, it will only cause upsampling.

So there is no way of playing DTS-HD 96 khz sound at this time for me?
As your passthrough stutters cause of a wrong clock and we don't have a dts-hd decoder (no one has) - yes.
(2015-03-15, 17:20)fritsch Wrote: As your passthrough stutters cause of a wrong clock and we don't have a dts-hd decoder (no one has) - yes.

I could solve my problem. It seams to be a network related problem. I've found this thread regarding this problem:
http://openelec.tv/forum/144-usage/74736...=30#135410

So I've checked the configuration of my switches and tried to enable the flow control on one of my switches, but the switch warned me that I should not enable flow control because QoS 802.1p is enabled. So I've checked my other switches (which also supports QoS 802.1p) and disabled flow control on every port. Since then I've got no problems playing large video files and I can also play DTS-HD videos using passthrough mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS-HD setting on Onkyo TX-NR8180