IR via GPIO doesn't work
Hi Everybody,

it's my first post in this forum.

I have a question about IR remote.

I have a Beo4 remote with the appropriate receiver chip (TSOP7000) connected to GPIO 18 of the raspberry pi

Its installed with xbian latest image from their website. Everything runs fine with CEC control over panasonic TV.
I have it connected to another Tv via DVI so no CEC control. I got the IR remote working for a few minutes With only a few buttons programmed ion the Lircmap.xml file. I added more buttons and I must have doen something els what I don't remember. and it's impossible to get it to work again.

with the irw command i get all the buttons as it should but it's impossible to get Kodi listen to it.

What could i do wrong? I tried to put the keymap and remote and Lircmap xml file everywhere but no result. If I look on the web i get contradictory results for where to put them.

Can anybody tell me the correct way to put the configuration files please?

Thank you very much

Regards

Ron.
If you remove the added files, does anything start to work again?

Lircmap.xml should be stored directly in the userdata folder (wiki). Keymaps should be stored in the "keymap" folder that is within the userdata folder.
Hi Ned,

I did a clean install with the latest stable version and I followed exactly the instructions on this link http://wiki.xbian.org/doku.php/remotes the keymap file is in the user data folder and there is also a file in the system directory:

root@xbian:/home/xbian# find / -name Lircmap.xml
/home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml
/usr/local/share/kodi/system/Lircmap.xml
root@xbian:/home/xbian#

If I look from my mac on the smb connection under "smb://xbian._smb._tcp.local/xbian-kodi/userdata" then the file is not there

my Lircmap file:
root@xbian:/home/xbian# more /home/xbian/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml
<lircmap>
<remote device="Bang&Olufsen_Beo4">
<up>beo4-tv-up</up>
<down>beo4-tv-down</down>
<left>beo4-tv-left</left>
<right>beo4-tv-right</right>
</remote>
</lircmap>

output of irw:
root@xbian:/home/xbian# irw
0000000000000003 00 beo4-tv-left Bang&Olufsen_Beo4
0000000000000005 00 beo4-tv-up Bang&Olufsen_Beo4
0000000000000004 00 beo4-tv-right Bang&Olufsen_Beo4
0000000000000006 00 beo4-tv-down Bang&Olufsen_Beo4

I'm stuck now.

Could it be that i should not create the Lircmap.xml as root?

I'm looking forward to your answer.

regards,

Ron.
I'm not sure, to be honest. I have limited experience with LIRC. I'll move this thread to the linux forum, and I think it will get more exposure there since it sounds like this is a general LIRC issue, rather than something specific to the Raspberry Pi.
Also, check your lirc.conf, which translates the ir codes to the names that you use in lircmap.xml. I had problems getting this to work. You can also try to have the RPi learn all the remote buttons, by starting the lirc learning process. It might or might not work. That's what I did with my Harmony remote, I went the hard way. First learn all the buttons in lirc, that map the buttons in lircmap.xml, then create a custom keymap.xml to have specific functionality in certain screens.

This explains how to learn the remote codes (The Add your own remote section)
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Guide_...O_Receiver

Remco
Hi Everybody,

It works now.

I redefined the key names in Beo4.conf and Lircmap.xml

instead of beo4-tv-up I defined it as KEY_UP and it works! I took the names as defined under New KEY_map names.

But now I have stuttering audio playback but thats for another time.

Thanks everybody

Regards,

Ron.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR via GPIO doesn't work0