v14 help with steps to connect Kodi to Fire TV
HELP! PLEASE SOMEONE I am going in circles trying to download all this just to connect Kodi to my Fire TV. I downloaded and opened two Zip Files:adbfw120 and FTVv0.40.
I have trouble with below steps (don't know why I am changing directory to Android -why is my cell involved?)
The IP address that I got from Fire TV didn't connect either. I GOT MY DIRECTIONS BELOW FROM http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV

I'm supposed to download ADP fire using the following link: http://jocala.com/adbfire.html BUT apparently it is to download adbFire 1.22 for Windows (I already
downloaded adbfw120)

Connect ADB

To connect your development computer to a Fire TV device, use the following steps:
1.Open a command prompt or terminal window.
2.Change directory to your Android SDK platform-tools directory.
3.Run the following commands, where <ipaddress> is the IP address of the Fire TV device noted in the previous section.
adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb connect <ipaddress>

Installing Your App (Command Line).............I don't even understand anything after the word "where <path-to" etc below. The introduction to this page says that "You must have already used ADB to connect your development computer to your Fire TV device for the Eclipse- and ADB-specific instructions to work. See Connecting ADB."... That's the above instructions that I also had trouble with:

To install your app onto your Fire TV device from the command line, use this command, where <path-to-apk-file> is the file system path to your app's APK:
adb install <path-to-apk-file>

If the installation was successful, ADB responds with the message similar to this one:
764 KB/s (217246 bytes in 0.277s) pkg: /data/local/tmp/HelloWorld.apk
Success

I downloaded winadbzip: 1. Download and unzip the ADB Utility for Windows from http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112654916
I dont understand what to do here 1. Find the extracted winadb folder containing adb.exe, and copy the complete folder path
AND HERE 2. Add the copied path to your PATH environmental variable in Windows System Properties

I had someone download Kodi (if it was done right but is it possible without above steps?) 3. Follow the below instructions to complete the installation of Kodi

Install Kodi to the Fire TV

Note: If your APK file name contains spaces, make sure you put quotes around it in the adb commands. On OS X and Linux, you may need to prepend ./ to the adb commands.
1. On your host (PC or other Android device), download your desired Kodi APK
2. Open a Command Prompt (Windows), Terminal (OS X/Linux), or Terminal Emulator app (Android)
3. Navigate (CD) to the directory with your Kodi APK (In Terminal Emulator on Android you only need to run the adb commands)
4. Run the following commands >adb kill-server >adb start-server >adb connect <ip-address-of-fire-tv>
5. ADB is connected when it reports the message "connected to <ip-address-of-fire-tv>:<port>"
6. Run the following command >adb install <apk-file-name>
7. Installation is complete when it reports the message "success"
I believed SPMC is available for FireTV? Save the hustle if you'ren't ready to deal with it. Install SPMC instead.

And then bug Koying to push 14.1 to Amazon Appstore & Google Playstore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help with steps to connect Kodi to Fire TV0