Pi2 + Openelec and VC-1
(2015-10-24, 19:28)noggin Wrote: Ooh - so VC-1 interlaced content is supported. That's better than Intel can do in Linux (where you have to use software decoding). (And 50i VC-1 is not that unusual on TV Blu-ray releases)

Thanks again for all your work on the Pi / Pi 2.

Interlaced VC-1 (and, indeed, interlace in every protocol we handle that has the concept) has always been supported. However, there was an oversight in this particular case which failed correctly to handle pictures in which the only reference for the second field was the first field of the same picture, if (and only if) the image wasn't in the first 256MB of RAM. (Other protocols had been deployed on larger-memory systems before.)
(2015-10-24, 23:48)deborah_c Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 19:28)noggin Wrote: Ooh - so VC-1 interlaced content is supported. That's better than Intel can do in Linux (where you have to use software decoding). (And 50i VC-1 is not that unusual on TV Blu-ray releases)

Thanks again for all your work on the Pi / Pi 2.

Interlaced VC-1 (and, indeed, interlace in every protocol we handle that has the concept) has always been supported. However, there was an oversight in this particular case which failed correctly to handle pictures in which the only reference for the second field was the first field of the same picture, if (and only if) the image wasn't in the first 256MB of RAM. (Other protocols had been deployed on larger-memory systems before.)

Thanks for the correction and explanation. And thanks again for the great work.
Yes, also a very big thank a lot again from my side to all the developers which make a great job
Smile
There is one more small bug with vc1i. Resume playing doesn't works. Just displayed seeking bar with buffering and nothing after, just jerky interface till pushing stop.
So I've found another possibly related bug with Openelec and Vc1 playback. I'm getting intermittent artifacts (not colors, they appear like a couple of frames have been reversed in order and pixelated. Happens every minute or two only on VC1 bluray MKVS. I've confirmed this on two different pis (2 and a 3), using three different micro sd cards and three different versions of openelec including the latest mill house. Krypton alpha.

Anybody out there that can help me?
(2016-04-25, 02:52)filmgeek47 Wrote: So I've found another possibly related bug with Openelec and Vc1 playback. I'm getting intermittent artifacts (not colors, they appear like a couple of frames have been reversed in order and pixelated. Happens every minute or two only on VC1 bluray MKVS. I've confirmed this on two different pis (2 and a 3), using three different micro sd cards and three different versions of openelec including the latest mill house. Krypton alpha.

Do the glitches always appear at the same point in playback?

Log of playback when the artefacts happen would be useful, alongside short clips of content that fails.
(2016-04-25, 10:45)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-25, 02:52)filmgeek47 Wrote: So I've found another possibly related bug with Openelec and Vc1 playback. I'm getting intermittent artifacts (not colors, they appear like a couple of frames have been reversed in order and pixelated. Happens every minute or two only on VC1 bluray MKVS. I've confirmed this on two different pis (2 and a 3), using three different micro sd cards and three different versions of openelec including the latest mill house. Krypton alpha.

Do the glitches always appear at the same point in playback?

Log of playback when the artefacts happen would be useful, alongside short clips of content that fails.

Short answer, yes. Every time I play back a file, the glitches occur on the same frames. I glanced at the Kodi specific log and didn't see anything that looked helpful (there was no log entry filed anywhere around the time that the artifacts occurred). I'll record some video of the issue. Do you still want to see the logs? If so, which log specifically do you want to see? (Sorry for all the questions, I only just figured out how to export the logs this morning lol).

EDIT: Attaching a clip of the issue. The artifacting appears right at the tail end, when after the clock appears (and yes, I've verified that this is NOT how it's meant to appear in the movie).

I have several vc1's. The only problem is rewinding of interlaced. Playback is choppy after this. If don't rewind then all fine. Suspect some problem with sync between splitter - decoder - renderer.
(2016-04-26, 04:19)filmgeek47 Wrote: EDIT: Attaching a clip of the issue. The artifacting appears right at the tail end, when after the clock appears (and yes, I've verified that this is NOT how it's meant to appear in the movie).

Can you provide a sample file that has the issue?
E.g. produce a one minute VC-1 file (perhaps using mmg from mkvtoolnix) that contains the glitch?
Upload to a hosting site like google drive or dropbox.
Use a "Simple Trimmer" software for cutting. It's easy and fast.
(2016-04-26, 13:47)MONSTA Wrote: Use a "Simple Trimmer" software for cutting. It's easy and fast.

Do you have a link for that?
(2016-04-26, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote: Do you have a link for that?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_XmyO...sp=sharing
(2016-04-26, 11:16)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 04:19)filmgeek47 Wrote: EDIT: Attaching a clip of the issue. The artifacting appears right at the tail end, when after the clock appears (and yes, I've verified that this is NOT how it's meant to appear in the movie).

Can you provide a sample file that has the issue?
E.g. produce a one minute VC-1 file (perhaps using mmg from mkvtoolnix) that contains the glitch?
Upload to a hosting site like google drive or dropbox.

Thanks for the software recommendation Monsta. I'm attaching a google drive link to a cut up version of the file. The issue occurs when the clock becomes physical, around 1:24 or so.

Think I've done this right...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzK78e2...NyWkU/view

EDIT:
Ok, so I have new findings. I've tested the first ten minutes of several other VC1 files on my system, none of which exhibit the issue. Threw a second card in my system with the latest Libreelec milhouse test build, still having issues with two movies (the Matrix, and the Matrix Reloaded). Strange to me that these two files work fine on non-pi systems, but I'm currently re-ripping them to test again. I've played two other non VC1 movies all the way through on the pi without any issues, so I have no idea what's going on lol.

Edit3: Reripping didn't make a difference. Still exhibiting the problem, but only on the pi.
(2016-04-26, 17:21)filmgeek47 Wrote: Thanks for the software recommendation Monsta. I'm attaching a google drive link to a cut up version of the file. The issue occurs when the clock becomes physical, around 1:24 or so.

Thanks for sample. I can see the issue (a glitch a bit like a frame out of order just as the clock ticks).
I've not seen this issue on any other VC-1 file, so there is probably something unusual in the encoding.

I've added it to our codec bug tracker, but I can't say exactly when that will be resolved.
Anyone have any idea whether the above referenced bug has been addressed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi2 + Openelec and VC-10