advancedsettings.xml not working
I've created an advancedsettings.xml to increase the range of subtitles delay and to improve buffering. It seems like this file is not working however. Subtitle range is still the default 10 seconds instead of 60 seconds. Could anyone make a guess at what went wrong? I'm running Raspbian and have XBMC version 13.2 (Gotham). The file is located in /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/ . It's contents are as follows:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
  <video>
    <subsdelayrange>60</subsdelayrange>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks in advance.
Have you restarted since editing this file?

Could you include a debug log as it states the advancedsettings that were loaded at the top.
(2015-03-19, 23:14)katsup Wrote: Have you restarted since editing this file?
I've restarted it several times since editing.

(2015-03-19, 23:14)katsup Wrote: Could you include a debug log as it states the advancedsettings that were loaded at the top.
I noticed a very peculiar thing when I took a good look at the logging information displayed. It stated the logfile was stored in /root/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log instead of /home/pi/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log. Apparently I'm running XBMC as root instead of the user 'pi'. My XBMC is started by a script that resides somewhere in /home/pi/.xbmc, but this script is executed by root.

Copying over the advancedsettings.xml to the appropriate folder in root fixed the problem. I'll try to see if I can get XBMC and the script to run as non-root, as running these programs as root is probably not best practice. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml not working0