Naming movie in 2 parts
Okay, I'm embarrassed for asking help for a simple thing like this when I have been running Kodi/XBMC so for many years.

I have a few movies in two parts. I have named the files like this..

\Movies\ Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod)\>>>
Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod CD1.avi
Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod CD1.nfo
Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod CD1.tbn
Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod CD2.avi
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn

Kodi see the two files as one movie but no matter what I try I can’t get the movie poster to show up in Kodi. I only get a thumbnail picture from the movie. The two *.tbn files are the movie poster.

Yes I have read the wiki
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
I’m using Ember Media Manager and there everything looks okay. Have tried to set up the movie manually but I don’t get the poster to work..
Have also tested to name the files to..
Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod-CD01.avi
Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod-Part1.avi
Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod-Part01.avi

Also to put the poster copy as ” folder.jpg”, but it doesn’t work.
I strange feeling is that I think this was working for me a few versions back of Kodi, but I’m.. unsure.

Any help on this I gladly accepted
Please try with 'poster.jpg'. This should work.

What version is it you're running? I've seen another report about the stacked movietitle name being ignored, so it might be bug.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I was running version 14.0 on my Windows machine. Now I just downloaded and tested the upcoming 14.2 version. On my two main machines I have 14.1 (Android) and 14.0 on Openelec.
However, the poster.jpg did not solve the problem Sad

If it's a bug of some sort, what can I do to help?
I'm pretty sure that .tbn files are no longer supported (could be wrong). But you should just rename it to...

Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod CD1.jpg

Also, Movie.tbn is also not correct. It should be...

poster.jpg

Easiest way to name stuff is to download a scraper (I use and recommend MediaElch), that way it does all the work for you.
Humm I don't have a singel poster.jpg for any of my movie. I only have movie.tbn. They all work.
But not for my movies where there is two files.

I did try what you wrote to me Powerhouse ("Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod CD1.jpg" and a "poster.jpg") but It still doesn't show the movie poster. Just this thumbnail picture.
Can you guys confirm that your methods work?

Edit: Did also test to put "Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod CD1-poster.jpg" in the same folder that MediaElch recommends. But did not solve the problem
Okay, figured it out. If I put the file "Arne Dahl 2 - Ont Blod-poster.jpg" in the same folder the poster will show up.

movie.tbn and poster.jpg only work for me If I only have one moviefile.

Should it work like this or is there some sort of bug?
I have used the moviename-poster and moviename-fanart convention and that works. In the content settings for a movie source, there is an option for "movie folders have single movie" (not that exact wording). You might want to experiment with that setting and see what effect it has on stacked movie files.

scott s.
Yes, now I know that moviename-poster works Smile But in which version of XBMC/Kodi did the "old" way stop to be supported and why?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming movie in 2 parts0