Display/Audio to two sources
My setup is as follows:

MAIN ROOM:
Acer Aspire Revo r3700 Kodibuntu 14.0
Onkyo TX-NR809

BEDROOM:
Acer Aspire Revo r1600 Kodibuntu 14.0
Onkyo TX-SR601

My goal is to have the main room playing a movie and have the bedroom playing the same movie at the same exact spot. Basically the bedroom XBMC merely mirrors the main room. I've thought of a few ways to do this.

1 - Split the HDMI coming out of the main room and feed it to the bedroom. I'm not sure about the quality on this though or the ability so split HDMI. Every time I look at this solution it seems costly and not the best for the signal strength.

2 - Some sort of network/MySQL solution. Everything I've read here seems to relate to playing a video in one room and then resuming it in another room. It seems to be more about sharing the library than mirroring the source.

3 - Use second room HDMI out from the main room receiver to the bedroom TV. Use optical sound out and the sound from HDMI from the main room XBMC. The main room gets HDMI sound and the bedroom gets optical sound. I've been reading how this might not be possible with pulseaudio though.... Let me break down what is getting what for this last "solution". NOTE - All signals are coming from main room TV and XBMC.

Main room
HDMI from XBMC - Video
HDMI from XBMC - Audio

Bedroom
HDMI from receiver second source - Video
Optical from XBMC - Audio

Thoughts? Better solutions? I've done a good bit of reading but I can't decide on the best solution. It would just be really nice to have both tvs displaying the exact same thing.
Option 1, but you need to be able to run an HDMI cable.

But really, how often are your eyes are in two rooms at once?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OMG, I've gotta say "nickr" your post was hilarious, I almost peed myself.
LOL pleased to be of service.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The bedroom is really close to the main room. If you're laying on the bed, you can actually see the main room tv. With that said, I mainly plan to use it when I have a party so people in the bedroom can listen to the music and/or watch the visualization.
It seems you want it for Audio only vs Video from last port. For some reason I want to say say "Sonos"...

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Sonos
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display/Audio to two sources0