Installing Kodi on windows 7
Hello

I am able to download and install Kodi on my windows 7 machine BUT the application itself will not open and gives me the 'Error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" .
I understand that this is a windows issue but it's only with Kodi that I get this. Tried reinstalling XBMC Gotham and it worked fine. Any other random software works fine. Arrggghh

I've tried changing permissions, user accounts, download locations, adding exceptions to Avira anti virus, turning the bloody thing off... No luck.

Ideas? Anyone? Please. ...
Try backing up your userdata folder and then removing it. Perhaps there is a setting in there that is screwing up Kodi.

Just be sure to check/backup the XBMC userdata just in case it's there, too.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Thanks Jogee

Tried that. Was really hopeful. But no go. Still giving me the same error.
Not sure if this helps but after installing the uninstaller works fine and has the Kodi
Icon but the exe has a generic windows executable icon.
Any more ideas?

Will try anything. It's bloody frustrating.
Well, that sounds rather odd. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information to go on to make better guesses as to what is wrong.

Perhaps you could start by stating your PC, how it's hooked up. What exact version of Kodi did you download and from where. How are you starting Kodi. Stuff like that.

Normally, I'd say to produce a debug log, but it seems you can't quite get far enough for that. Although I rather doubt the problem is with Kodi itself.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Have you tried to run the program as administrator?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Kodi on windows 71