what would be the best advancesettings.xml
what would be the best advancesettings.xml for a android tv box running 1G or 2G RAM and 8G internal SDCARD below is what have tried so far but at the end of video it just crashed and on helix 14.1 and you have to start it back up i have been using to version advancesettings.xml or can some one suggest a better ADVANCEDSETTINGS.XML

frist one :

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfacture>10.0</readbufferfacture>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
<curllowspeedtime>40</curllowspeedtime>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
</pvr>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>

second one :

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsetting
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
<autoscanicosuserset>false</autoscaniconsuserset>
</pvr>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>
There is no "best". An advancedsettings.xml file is only something you create if you need it because of an issue or because of a unique situation. Your two examples are doing wildly different things. What are you trying to do here?
ok let me explain i am trying to optimize the network setting for buffing problem and cache and PVR simple TV live tv using m3u file for it to run as good as possible for most android TV box running
(2015-03-24, 16:29)peterbl Wrote: ok let me explain i am trying to optimize the network setting for buffing problem and cache and PVR simple TV live tv using m3u file for it to run as good as possible for most android TV box running
I've found that the simpleIPTV PVR addon is really hard on memory - my Fire TV stick was constantly running out of memory and crashing with a 50 channel m3u. No amount of fooling around with the advancedsettings.xml will fix that.
(2015-03-24, 16:29)peterbl Wrote: ok let me explain i am trying to optimize the network setting for buffing problem and cache and PVR simple TV live tv using m3u file for it to run as good as possible for most android TV box running

That depends entirely on where your streams are coming from. Please note that we cannot help you with pirate/bootleg video streams per our forum rules (wiki).

That being said, I would consult this page: HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki)
(2015-03-25, 01:22)learningit Wrote: I've found that the simpleIPTV PVR addon is really hard on memory - my Fire TV stick was constantly running out of memory and crashing with a 50 channel m3u. No amount of fooling around with the advancedsettings.xml will fix that.

Really? I have about 97 URLs in my IPTV Simple Client set up (coming from an HDHomeRun Prime), and haven't had any crashing on my Fire TV stick.
(2015-03-25, 04:56)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 01:22)learningit Wrote: I've found that the simpleIPTV PVR addon is really hard on memory - my Fire TV stick was constantly running out of memory and crashing with a 50 channel m3u. No amount of fooling around with the advancedsettings.xml will fix that.

Really? I have about 97 URLs in my IPTV Simple Client set up (coming from an HDHomeRun Prime), and haven't had any crashing on my Fire TV stick.

I would guess that it has to do with how big the xmltv file is. I notice just watching the free memory being shown when you hover over settings on the main menu that for items that don't have a listing in the xmltv file, it does a deep dive and loads the whole thing which is a couple hundred meg. Yes, you can turn the EPG off for items in Live TV config, but I update the m3u on every restart in autoconfig.py to rewrite some TVE cable tokens in the url which in turn creates a new entry because the url is different and that new item doesn't have the epg turned off. Not sure if what I wrote makes sense, but under some circumstances memory does run out on the stick. I guess if I limited the number of days in mc2xml it would be more managable.
EDIT With the HD Homerun you don't have that problem because, at least the way mine is configured, the epg comes from the backend.
The EPG doesn't come from the backend when using IPTV Simple Client. I've seen the "deep dive" that you've described, because I have a couple of channels that doesn't show up on Schedules Direct for some reason, but I've never seen it crash.

*shrug*
(2015-03-26, 00:32)Ned Scott Wrote: The EPG doesn't come from the backend when using IPTV Simple Client. I've seen the "deep dive" that you've described, because I have a couple of channels that doesn't show up on Schedules Direct for some reason, but I've never seen it crash.

*shrug*

You are right about iptv simple client, I use Mediaportal as the backend PVR for the HD Homerun and for some reason when Kodi starts up there's a lot of EPG thrashing/updating going on. I probably don't have it configured right.
Ned and I are guilty of a bit of hi-jacking here, but I've found the cause of my Fire Stick crashing and it's directly related to this thread and my stupidity. I'm explaining it because I see the same possible issue in some of the settings in the first post of this thread. Here's what my advancedsettings.xml looked like:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <cachemembuffersize>150000000</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
  <video>
    <stagefright>
      <!--  -1 is default, 0 is never used this codec, 1 is always use this codec, bypassing blacklist -->
      <useavccodec>hd</useavccodec>
      <usevc1codec>hd</usevc1codec>
      <usevpxcodec>hd</usevpxcodec>
      <usemp4codec>hd</usemp4codec>
      <usempeg2codec>hd</usempeg2codec>
      <useswrenderer>false</useswrenderer>
    </stagefright>
    <mediacodec>
      <!--  -1 is default, 0 is never used this codec, 1 is always use this codec, bypassing blacklist -->
      <useavccodec>-1</useavccodec>
      <usevc1codec>-1</usevc1codec>
      <usevpxcodec>-1</usevpxcodec>
      <usemp4codec>-1</usemp4codec>
      <usempeg2codec>-1</usempeg2codec>
      <useswrenderer>false</useswrenderer>
    </mediacodec>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

I guess I never looked closely at :
Code:
<cachemembuffersize>150000000</cachemembuffersize>
to realize that's 150MB and Kodi can use 3x that value. On top of that buffermode is set to 1, which buffers all filesystems. So I guessing when the iptv PVR went to do it's "deep dive" on the xmltv.xml file, memory was really short in supply and caused the crashing. Taking a 0 off the 150000000 to give 15MB of buffering resulted in no crash and I don't see any buffering issues either.

So, the lesson learned here is be very careful if you mess with the advancedsettings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
what would be the best advancesettings.xml0