ATTENTION!!! Only for the hardcore Kodi Users
kodi integrated home automation

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/506...nce-by-cas
Almost all modern home automation control systems have some kind of XBMC/Kodi integration today.

So what makes this uniquely better for hardcore Kodi users than any other?

Also this looks like it's not open source and more expensive than many of the alternatives out there?
this has voice recognition. + fully integrate with all other home automation protocols.

in other words, it covers everything into 1 box.

This is the mother of home automation everyone has been waiting for. No other hub can perform home automation, home security, security camera recording, audio/video playback and storage, and voice control, all in one device!

If you interested in home automation you would know this device standout in many ways. i been waiting over 8 months for this device to be out.

So yes if you want kodi to integrate with your home, you have it now. so if you hardcore kodi user, this would be something for you.
I am just going to put this here: OpenRemote.

It may not be plug and play but it is one hell of a powerful tool, and yes it has Kodi support (the last I heard, I have not looked at in a while).

Honestly I don't think Home Automation will really take off until it has some sort of learning AI that can learn your routines with minimal setup. I am interested in it, and I wish there was a great solution for it but I feel like this probably isn't it. Honestly apple and Google are both coming out with their own setups and once that becomes a little more mainstream maybe there will be the market shares to make it really worth it for other companies. (though we may end up with a two camps like what is starting to come out with smart watches)

Not trying to dis the Kickstarter, I am all for small business success, but I fell like a lot of what they are doing has already been done with more mature software.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
Yeah, I rather support an open source based product and I'm sure many others here feel the same.

Kodi / XBMC is a open source project and it wouldn't be what it is today without it being an open source software.

I believe that many if not most hardcore Kodi users are also open source supporters.
Well this is not what is going to revolutionize home entertainment. But its as good as it can get now.

I also believe we will end up with 2 major camps for home automation and i also believe it will be a very very important part of our future. I also believe its something that will accelerate very quickly up the ladder once its mainstream.

But this is in the next 5 years. for people like me that love working and fumbling around home automation, this device is THE device Smile I know its not open source platform. But i believe For Exact home automation u dont need open source platform . as all devices will eventual talk with each other. (except for APPLE).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATTENTION!!! Only for the hardcore Kodi Users0