Right to left subtitles support (like in XBMP)
hi,

i have d/l iso-8859-8,arial font and copyed it to my xbmc, i can now choose it allright, and the hebrew font's shows on screen, but! it's a mirror image of the subtitle.

i scanned this forum and xbmp, for a solution and came up with nothing, can't figure how to make xbmc to show the subs from righ to left...
where do i set things like iso-8859-8-i that works so good with xbmp ??
the -i is for bidirectional .

anyway i am using xbmp now and i would like to work with xbmc, but this lack of support for bidi. is killing me.

thanks guys hope you can help.
you can't as there is not yet a such function (to mirror subs) in xbmc, moving this thread to the feature subbestions forum
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i'm not looking for a function in xbmc to do so.
what i'm taling about is, the same as in xbmp, a place where you can set the language zone code. my font zone code is 8859-8 but since hebrew is writen from right to ledt and not left to right, there is a new code 8859-8-i the -i tels the what ever is using the font, to take the font and show it backward (this solves the problem).

what i'm asking i guess, is for bidirectional support or some way to set this 8859-8-i, like in xbmp.

thanks.
hi,

frodo is there a solution to my problem ?

thanks.
Wink 
Sad
(predatorftp @ mar. 18 2004,11:25 Wrote:i'm not looking for a function in xbmc to do so.
what i'm taling about is, the same as in xbmp, a place where you can set the language zone code. my font zone code is 8859-8 but since hebrew is writen from right to ledt and not left to right, there is a new code 8859-8-i the -i tels the what ever is using the font, to take the font and show it backward (this solves the problem).

what i'm asking i guess, is for bidirectional support or some way to set this 8859-8-i, like in xbmp.

thanks.
yes that is was i thought you where talking about and that is a function, a function must be coded and implemnted or you can't use it
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
ok, so i will wait, ihope it will be added soon.
just read in the release notes of the 2004-05-21 build, that:

Quote:* added: support for flipping hebrew subtitles

haven't checked it yet, but i'd like to thank whoever did this. this turns a killer to a serial killer!

if that doesn't work, use the software from subs.co.il to reverse the subtitles file.
hi

does anyone know how to activate this "flipping subtitles"
feature ?

thanks in advance,
batnun
(batnun @ may 22 2004,15:28 Wrote:hi

does anyone know how to activate this "flipping subtitles"
feature ?

thanks in advance,
batnun
from xboxmediacenter.xml

Quote: <!-- enable flipping of hebrew subtitles by specifying the charset to be used here !-->
<!-- ex. iso8859-8 !-->
<flipcharset></flipcharset>  

so i guess if iso8859-8 is for your language the just change the line to.
<flipcharset>iso8859-8</flipcharset>  

if it's not then use google or ask here for your iso-charset Smile
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
Quote:<flipcharset>iso8859-8</flipcharset>

exactly. and it's working great.

since the may 21 build, subtitles are off by default. i don't really understand why - if you downloaded a subtitle file doesn't it mean you want to see the subtitles?
(grebulon @ may 23 2004,10:30 Wrote:since the may 21 build, subtitles are off by default. i don't really understand why
disabled by default means just that and nothing more or less, put simply you must enable them to view (as "disabled by default")

(grebulon @ may 23 2004,10:30 Wrote:if you downloaded a subtitle file doesn't it mean you want to see the subtitles?
toggle subtitles on/off via the osd or "title" on remote
(gamester17 @ may 24 2004,13:12 Wrote:
(grebulon @ may 23 2004,10:30 Wrote:since the may 21 build, subtitles are off by default. i don't really understand why
disabled by default means just that and nothing more or less, put simply you must enable them to view (as "disabled by default")

(grebulon @ may 23 2004,10:30 Wrote:if you downloaded a subtitle file doesn't it mean you want to see the subtitles?
toggle subtitles on/off via the osd or "title" on remote
yeah, i know that. i just wondered why you set them off by default? because if there's a subtitles file it means that somebody has specifically put it there in order to view it. in other words, if you find a subtitles file, you'd probably display them anyway.
not that it's much trouble to enable them manually. i enjoy it in any case. great work guys.
(grebulon @ may 24 2004,14:32 Wrote:if there's a subtitles file it means that somebody has specifically put it there in order to view it.
many avi/ogm/mkv + most dvd's have subs integrated, that doesn't mean one want to use them, off-topic anyway post here (link) instead

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Right to left subtitles support (like in XBMP)0